Yu.P. Perevedentsev*, S.K. Al-Maamuri, T.R. Aukhadeev**
Kazan Federal University, Kazan, 420008 Russia
E-mail: *email@example.com, **TRAuhadeev@kpfu.ru
Received January 28, 2016
Full text PDF
We have considered spatiotemporal changes in the pressure-temperature regime at the territory of Iraq and Middle Eastern countries, which is limited by the following geographical coordinates: 27.5–37.5? N, 37.5–50.0? E. The initial data have been obtained from NCEP/NCAR reanalysis in the nodes of 2.5? × 2.5? grids, as well as from the indices of atmospheric circulation during the period of 1948–2013. Statistical processing of the material and construction of the linear trends and composites have allowed to reveal the dynamics of changes in the air temperature and pressure, its dependence on fluctuations in the atmospheric circulation. A tendency has been revealed towards a decrease in the temperature during the cold period and its increase during the warm period. Deviations (anomalies) of the distribution of actual temperature and atmospheric pressure from the climatological norm have been estimated. Maps of temperature and pressure distribution in the regions have been created.
Keywords: atmospheric pressure, air temperature, linear trend, temperature and pressure anomalies
Acknowledgments. This study was supported in part by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project no. 15-05-06349).
Fig. 1. Surface air temperatures, ?С: a) January, b) July.
Fig. 2. Distribution of temperature anomalies according to gradations: a) winter; b) summer.
Fig. 3. Distribution of temperature anomalies according to their life span: a) negative; b) positive.
Fig. 4. Sea level pressure, hPa: a) January, b) July.
Fig. 5. Fields of the differential composites of air temperature in January: a) for NAO; b) for АО.
- IPCC Report. The Physical Science Basis, 2013. Cambridge, Cambridge Univ. Press, 2013. 2216 p.
- Perevedentsev Yu.P. Theory of Climate. Kazan, Izd. Kazan. Univ., 2009. 503 p. (In Russian)
- The Second Assessment Report of the Roshydromet on Climate Changes and Their Consequences at the Territory of the Russian Federation. General Summary. Moscow, 2014. 1008 p. (In Russian)
- Vereshchagin M.A., Perevedentsev Yu.P., Shantalinskii K.M., Tudrii V.D. Factor analysis of long-term dynamics of the global thermal regime of the surface air layer. Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Geogr., 2004, no. 5, pp. 34–41. (In Russian)
- Prevedentsev Yu.P., Vereshchagin M.A., Naumov E.P., Shantalinskii K.M. Regional signs of climate warming in the tropo-stratosphere of the Northern Hemisphere. Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Geogr., 2005, no. 6, pp. 6–16. (In Russian)
- Perevedentsev Yu.P., Sharipova R.B. Changes in the basic climate indicators at the territory of Ulyanovsk oblast. Vestn. Udmurt. Univ. Ser. Biol. Nauki Zemle, 2012, nos. 6–1, pp. 136–144. (In Russian)
- Perevedentsev Yu.P., Shantalinskii K.M., Aukhadeev T.R., Ismagilov N.V., Zandi R. Effect of macrocirculation systems on the thermobaric conditions of the Volga Federal district. Uchenye Zapiski Kazanskogo Universiteta. Seriya Estestvennye Nauki, 2014, vol. 156, no. 2, pp. 156–169. (In Russian)
- Perevedentsev Yu.P., Shantalinskii K.M., Zandi R., Aukhadeev T.R. Long-term changes in near-surface temperature, air humidity, and wind speed of the Persian Gulf region. Uchenye Zapiski Kazanskogo Universiteta. Seriya Estestvennye Nauki, 2015, vol. 157, no. 1, pp. 7–19. (In Russian)
- All Countries of the World. Moscow, VECHE, 2003. 559 p. (In Russian)
- Kobysheva N.V., Narovlyanskii G.Ya. Climatological Processing of Meteorological Information. Leningrad, Gidrometeoizdat, 1978. 295 p. (In Russian)
- Kryzhov V.N., Gorelits O.V. The Arctic oscillation and its impact on temperature and precipitation in northern Eurasia during the 20th century. Meteorol. Gidrol., 2015, no. 11, pp. 5–19. (In Russian)
- Perevedentsev Yu.P., Mokhov I.I., Eliseev A.V. Theory of Atmospheric General Circulation. Kazan, Izd. Kazan. Univ., 2013. 224 p. (In Russian)
- Fahrutdinova A.N., Perevedencev Yu.P., Guryanov V.V., Kulikov V.V. Dynamical processes and correlations at midlatitudes in the lower and middle atmosphere. Adv. Space Res., 2001, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 1667–1672. doi: 10.1016/S0273-1177(01)00234-4.
- Polonskii A.B., Kibal'chich I.A. Circulation indices and thermal regime of Eastern Europe in winter. Meteorol. Gidrol., 2015, no. 1, pp. 5–17. (In Russian)
For citation: Perevedentsev Yu.P., Al-Maamuri S.K., Aukhadeev T.R. The pressure-temperature regime of Iraq during the period of 1948–2013. Uchenye Zapiski Kazanskogo Universiteta. Seriya Estestvennye Nauki, 2016, vol. 158, no. 1, pp. 148–159. (In Russian)
The content is available under the license Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.