E.A. Kolesnik a*, M.A. Derkho b**, I.A. Lebedeva a***
aUral Federal Agricultural Scientific Research Center, Ural Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences, Yekaterinburg, 620142 Russia
bSouth Ural State Agrarian University, Troitsk, 457100 Russia
E-mail: *email@example.com, **firstname.lastname@example.org, ***email@example.com
Received February 4, 2019
Full text PDF
For citation: Kolesnik E.A., Derkho M.A., Lebedeva I.A. Comprehensive morphophysiological description of the immune lysosomal cationic protein of leukocytes in the early ontogeny of broiler chickens. Uchenye Zapiski Kazanskogo Universiteta. Seriya Estestvennye Nauki, 2019, vol. 161, no. 3, pp. 440–458. doi: 10.26907/2542-064X.2019.3.440-458. (In Russian)
Cationic proteins (CP) in the lysosomes of polymorphonuclear leukocytes were identified using the cytochemical reaction according to M.G. Shubitch and the leucogram as suggested by A. Pappenheim – in the smear samples made from the whole blood of broiler chickens of the Hubbard ISA F15 cross (all chickens were divided into four groups (n = 10) depending on their age (P1, P7, P23, and P42): days 1, 7, 23, and 42 of postnatal ontogeny) of the industrial herd. Morphological changes in the lysosomes with cationic proteins were characterized. Complex morphophysiological criteria of the cationic proteins were calculated based on the formulas from the literature and those proposed by us for the microphotographs of polymorphonuclear leukocytes (a total of 855 microphotographs were analyzed). Thus, during the first ten days, from P1 to P7, a significant increase in the monocyte content was registered – up to 348.84%, p < 0.05. The second peak in the number of monocytes was observed from P23 to P42 – up to 200%, p < 0.05. From P7 to P23, a significant decrease took place in the indices showing the ratio of granulocytes with degranulated and decationized lysosomal granules of CP (DEG/DECGrI) by 349.86% – from 24.35 ? 19.07 conv. units up to 6.96 ? 4.75 conv. units – and the level of degranulation and decationization of lysosomal granules in CP of granulocytes (DEG/DECV) by 278.57% – from 12.48 ? 9.49 conv. units to 4.48 ? 3.18 conv. units. From P7 to P23, the most active use of cationic proteins over the entire P1–P42 period occurred: based on of the cell fill factor (CFF) and, especially, the integral cytochemical index (ICI) that decreased from P1 to P7 by 208.32% – from 171.51 ? 37.71 conv. units to 82.33 ? 20.85 conv. units p < 0.05. In the period from P23 to P42, a statistically significant increase in DEG/DECGrI by 496.41% – from 6.96 ? 4.75 conv. units up to 34.55 ? 5.71 conv. units, p < 0.01 – and DEG/DECV by 562.95% – from 4.48 ? 3.18 conv. units up to 25.22 ? 6.88 conv. units p < 0.05 – was registered. With the relatively stable CP consumption from P23 to P42, the mean cytochemical coefficient (MCC) in this period decreased by 25.29% – from 2.18 ? 0.16 conv. units up to 1.74 ? 0.14 conv. units, p < 0.05. In addition, the parity of CP concentration actively recovered to the level of P1; the ICI value from P23 to P42 increased by 181.86% – from 93.82 ? 15.67 conv. units up to 170.62 ? 21.99 conv. units, p < 0.01. This can be considered as one of the links in the restoration and maintenance of the homeostasis of nonspecific immunity. The complex data obtained by us on the age dynamics of cationic proteins in the early ontogeny of broiler chickens can serve as a basis for further development and testing of probiotics and other pharmaceutical preparations for poultry with direct action.
Keywords: immune lysosomal cationic proteins, polymorphonuclear leukocytes, degranulation and decathionization, nonspecific immunity, broiler chickens
- Nagoev B.S. Ocherki o neitrofil'nom granulotsite [Essays on Neutrophilic Granulocyte]. Nalchik, El'brus, 1986. 144 p. (In Russian)
- Borregaard N., Cowland J.B. Granules of the human neutrophilic polymorphonuclear leukocyte. Blood, 1997, vol. 89, no. 10, pp. 3503–3521. doi: 10.1182/blood.V89.10.3503.
- Soehnlein O., Weber C., Lindbom L. Neutrophil granule proteins tune monocytic cell function. Trends Immunol., 2009, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 538–546. doi: 10.1016/j.it.2009.06.006.
- Soehnlein O., Lindbom L., Weber C. Mechanisms underlying neutrophil-mediated monocyte recruitment. Blood, 2009, vol. 114, no. 21, pp. 4613–4623. doi: 10.1182/blood-2009-06-221630.
- Mocsai A. Diverse novel functions of neutrophils in immunity, inflammation, and beyond. J. Exp. Med., 2013, vol. 210, no. 7, pp. 1283–1299. doi: 10.1084/jem.20122220.
- Sheshachalam A., Srivastava N., Mitchell T., Lacy P., Eitzen G. Granule protein processing and regulated secretion in neutrophils. Front. Immunol., 2014, vol. 5, art. 448, pp. 1–11. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2014.00448.
- Nesterova I.V., Kolesnikova N.V., Chudilova G.A., Lomtatidze L.V., Kovaleva S.V., Evglevsky A.A. Neutrophilic granulocytes: A new look at “old players” on the immunological field. Immunologiya, 2015, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 257–265. (In Russian)
- Mantripragada K.C., Quesenberry P.J. Polarization of neutrophil granules – a characteristic of inflammatory states. Blood Cells, Mol., Dis., 2018, no. 69, pp. 74. doi: 10.1016/j.bcmd.2017.09.008.
- Galochkin V.A., Cherepanov G.G. Natural resistance: Difficulties of identification, problems, and ways of their solution. Probl. Biol. Prod. Zhivotn., 2013, no. 1, pp. 5–29. (In Russian)
- Kolesnik E.A., Derkho M.A. Involvement of cholesterol, progesterone, cortisol and lipoproteins in metabolic changes during early ontogenesis of broiler chicks of an industrial cross. S-kh. Biol. [Agric. Biol.], 2017, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 749–756. doi: 10.15389/agrobiology.2017.4.749eng.
- Kolesnik E.A., Derkho M.A. About participation of pituitary-adrenocortical hormones in regulation of blood cellular pool in chicken-broilers. Probl. Biol. Prod. Zhivotn., 2018, no. 1, pp. 64–74. doi: 10.25687/1996-6733.prodanimbiol.2018.1.64-74. (In Russian)
- Novikova M.V., Lebedeva I.A., Drozdova L.I. Reducing the risk of reproductive system pathology in cocks by using the Monosporin probiotic. Ptitsa Ptitseprod., 2018, no. 3, pp. 56–57. doi: 10.30975/2073-4999-2018-20-3-56-57. (In Russian)
- Klyatskaya Yu.V. Comparative morphology of the immunity organs in White Leggorn P-46 chickens influenced with different doses of “Combiolax and “Suvar” preparations. Extended Abstract of Cand. Biol. Sci. Diss. Saransk, 2008. 20 p. (In Russian)
- Turitsyna E.G. Estimation of the metabolic activity of leukocytes in poultry during the postnatal ontogenesis and under viral antigenic influences. Agrar. Vestn. Urala, 2009, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 76–79. (In Russian)
- Kletikova L.V. The importance of monitoring the level of cationic proteins in chickens under the conditions of industrial poultry farming. Morfologiya, 2014, vol. 145, no. 3, pp. 94. (In Russian)
- Drobot G.P., Zabiyakin V.A., Stepanova A.E., Smolentsev S.Yu. Dynamics of cytochemical indicators of pseudoeosinophiles in the blood of guinea fowls. Ross. S-kh. Nauka, 2017, no. 1, pp. 42–44. (In Russian)
- Minzuk T.V., Kavtsevich N.N. Bactericidal cationic protein in the leukocytes of marine mammals. Vestn. Murm. Gos. Tekh. Univ., 2013, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 506–511. (In Russian)
- Owen J.C. Collecting, processing, and storing avian blood: A review. J. Field Ornithol., 2011, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 339–354. doi: 10.1111/j.1557-9263.2011.00338.x.
- Mulisch M., Welsch U. (Hrsg.). Romeis – Mikroskopische Technik. Berlin, Heidelberg, Springer Spektrum, 2015. xviii, 603 p. doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-55190-1. (In German)
- Markaki Y., Harz H. (Eds.). Light microscopy. Methods and protocols. In: Methods in Molecular Biology. New York, Humana Press, 2017, vol. 1563. 285 p. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-6810-7.
- Kirillova I.A., Kirillov D.V. Reproductive biology of Platanthera bifolia (L.) Rich. (Orchidaceae) on its northern habitat boundary (Komi Republic). Vestn. Tomsk. Gos. Univ. Biol., 2017, no. 38, pp. 68–88. doi: 10.17223/19988591/38/4. (In Russian)
- Belyakov A.V. The role of metabotropic glutamate receptors of group I in the formation of tolerance of brain neurons to hypoxia. Extended Abstract of Cand. Biol. Sci. Diss. St. Petersburg, 2010. 22 p. (In Russian)
- Komarova A.S. Changes in the optical density of myosymplast nuclei during embryonic development. In: Voprosy morfologii XXI veka. Vypusk 3: Sbornik nauchnyh trudov “Aktual'nye voprosy prepodavaniya morfologicheskikh disciplin s ispol'zovaniem sovremennykh tekhnologii. Fundamental'nye i prikladnye problemy gistologii” (220 let so dnya rozhdeniya professora MKhA K.M. Bera) [Problems of Morphology in the 21st Century. Issue 3: Collection of Scientific Papers “Urgent Problems of Teaching Morphological Disciplines using Modern Technologies. Fundamental and Applied Problems of Histology” (On the 220th Birth Anniversary of Professor K.M. Baer)]. Odintsova I.A., Kostyukevich S.V. (Eds.). St. Petersburg, Izd. DEAN, 2012, pp. 60–62. (In Russian)
- Dimitrov V., Georgiev G. Study behavior of certain parameters affecting accuracy of geometric shape of the workpiece using photogrammetry. Int. Conf. on Technics, Technologies and Education ICTTE 2013. Oct. 30–31, 2013. Yambol, Bulgaria, 2013, pp. 1–8. Available at: https://sites.google.com/a/trakia-uni.bg/ictte-2013/.
- Muzhikyan A.A., Ivanov V.S. Features of the histological structure of thyroid gland in a dog and C-cell morphology in different stages of ontogeny. Aktual. Vopr. Vet. Biol., 2015, no. 3(27), pp. 12–21. (In Russian)
- Sokolova I.B., Polyntsev D.G. The efficacy of mesenchymal stem cells used for the improvement of cerebral microcirculation in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Cell Tissue Biol., 2017, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 343–348. doi: 10.1134/S1990519X1705008X.
- Nagoev B.S. Kationnyj belok leikotsitov i ego znachenie. Metodicheskie ukazaniya [Cationic Protein of Leukocytes and Its Importance. Methodical Guidelines]. Nalchik, Izd. Kabard.-Balkar. Gos. Univ., 1982. 68 p. (In Russian)
- Kudryavtsev A.A., Kudryavtseva L.A., Privol'nev T.I. Gematologiya zhivotnyh i ryb [Hematology of Animals and Fish]. Moscow, Kolos, 1969. 320 p. (In Russian)
- Campbell T.W., Grant K.R. Clinical Cases in Avian and Exotic Animal Hematology and Cytology. Ames, Iowa, Wiley-Blackwell, 2010. 392 p.
The content is available under the license Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.