Leo Tolstoy Institute of Philology and Intercultural Communication of Kazan Federal University offers a range of programs for international students interested in learning Russian language, literature and culture.
Bachelor Degree Programs
1. Linguistics. Russian as a Foreign Language
The program is designed specifically for international students who study together with students from other countries. The program includes language courses that provide:
Duration of Study: 4 years
Tuition Fee for 2016-2017: 124 116 RUB per year
2. Pedagogical Education: Russian and English Languages
The program provides profound study of philological courses in Russian and English languages. International students study with their Russian peers taking same classes as other students. The program is suitable for international students with a very good knowledge of Russian and ability to quickly adapt to Russian and English-speaking professors and peers. International exchange students who major in Russian in their home universities, as well as other international students, often prefer this program as it provides language emergence experience and enables the study of two languages – Russian and English.
Duration of Study: 5 years (one or two semesters for exchange students)
Tuition Fee in 2016-2017: 124 116 RUB per year
3. Philology. Applied Philology. Russian Language and Literature.
The program designed for a profound study of Russian language and literature. International students have to be ready to work with Russian peers and do extensive work related to the study of Russian language and literature, such as courses in the Old Russian Literature, Church Slavonic, History of Russian Language and Modern Russian Literature. International exchange students from partner universities may select this program for one or two semesters. Graduates receive a bachelor degree diploma.
Duration of Study: 4 years (one or two semesters for exchange students)
Tuition Fee in 2016-2017: 124 116 RUB per year
MASTER DEGREE PROGRAM
Russian as a Foreign Language
Designed specifically for international students, this program has been training experts in Russian as a Foreign Language since 2006. Students take classes in Russian culture, phonetics, Russian country study, comprehending TV programs, communicative practice, grammar, etc. Many graduates become Russian language teachers, university professors, translators or work in international businesses.
To enter the program students should have 1) pre-intermediate/intermediate level knowledge of Russian and 2) diploma of higher education (bachelor degree or higher). Prospective students should pass an interview assessing their Russian language proficiency.
Duration of Study: 2 years
Tuition Fee in 2016-2017: 141 000 RUB per year
RUSSIAN LANGUAGE COURSES
The Department of Russian as a Foreign Language offers a range of short-term and long-term courses for international students implemented by Kazan International Linguistic Center and the Department of External Affairs of Kazan Federal University.
- Russian as a Foreign Language (900 academic hours or ), September 1st - June 30. The course includes training in reading, writing, listening, speaking and pronunciation (phonetics). Students are distributed into groups based on their language proficiency – from beginners to B1 level (first certification level of the Russian Language Test). Students work in groups of 10-12 students. Alternatively students may study for one semester and pay half of the tuition.Tuition Fee in 2016-2017: 124 120 RUB for the course.
- Short-term course in Russian as a foreign language (96 academic hours, 3-4 weeks). The program includes classes on Russian language, as well as a culture program (sightseeing tours in Kazan and suburbs, competitions, extra-curricular activities). The program is launched for a group of 10-12 students throughout the year including summer when we have a Summer Russian Language and Culture School. Tuition fee: 25 000 RUB.
- Intensive Russian language program (60 academic hours, 2 weeks) includes intensive conversational Russian training and a culture program. The program is launched for a group of 10-12 students throughout the year. Tuition Fee: 18 000 RUB (depending on the culture program). This also includes Winter Russian Language and Culture School.
- Individual or small-group Russian language training program is developed for one to four students according to their needs and desired intensity of training. The tuition for a one-person language class is approximately 1100 RUB per academic hour. For small groups tuition is calculated based on the intensity of training and a number of students in a group. Alternatively students may choose to take some classes individually and some in a group.
- One-year retraining program in Russian as a Foreign Language (500 academic hours, 10 months) targets people who already hold a bachelor degree but who would like to start a career as instructors of Russian as a foreign language. Designed for those with native or near native Russian language proficiency level, this program provides training in methods and techniques of teaching Russian language skills. Students learn how to design and implement effective activities for developing listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills. In-class teaching practice is carried out in real classes with international students. Graduates receive a KFU diploma that gives the right to work in the field of Russian as a second language. Classes start in late September-October. Tuition Fee in 2016-2017: 34 000 RUB.
Upon request, Kazan International Linguistic Center may custom design a program for individuals or groups. A program of study may include training in other languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic), art classes (music, singing, choreography, design, drawing, etc.), as well as sightseeing tours and extra-curricular activities.
Contact Information: Gulnara Sadykova, Deputy Director for International Affairs, Head of Kazan International Linguistic Center, tel.:+7-843-221-33-67,
email: Gulnara.Sadykova@kpfu.ru, email@example.com