Thursday’s and Friday’s itineraries were very packed.
On Thursday, Rector Ilshat Gafurov visited Moscow to partake in the Early Childhood Care and Education forum. He presented a lecture on pedagogical education for primary school teachers and psychologists. He also met with Acting Minister of Education and Science of Russia Olga Vasilyeva to confirm plans for Islamic studies and educational programs.
Director of the Institute of International Relations, History and Oriental Studies (IIRHOS) Ramil Khayrutdinov also contributed to the discussion.
On Friday, a delegation of the Institute of US and Canadian Studies visited the University. Dr. Gafurov and Director of the IUSCS Valery Garbuzov signed a cooperation agreement.
Ramil Khayrutdinov commented that North America will now also be the focus of research and education at IIRHOS. A respective section will be established within the Situation Center, due to open this fall in a newly refurbished building in the city center.
Several Museum Night activities were held by KFU on Friday.
Among the key events were:
- Live Paintings of Leo Tolstoy (dedicated to the famous writer’s works);
- Chinese calligraphy and art presentation;
- 5th Russian Choir Festival;
- master classes in cosmetics production;
- 140th anniversary exhibition of the Kazan Society of Archaeology, History and Ethnography at the Lobachevsky Museum;
- botanical tour of the University Courtyard Garden;
- tour of the Geological Museum;
and many other events and presentations.