Institute of Physics
Master degree program
Physics of Magnetic Phenomena
The program is а good platform for the motivated students who want to become professionals in magnetic resonance and its applications in crystal and nanocrystals physics, quantum liquids and superconductor physics, modern materials science. During the studies, students will get involved in international scientific projects and use high-level equipment.
Most of the professors involved in the program have scientific degrees of Doctor of Science and PhD. There are six laureates of State Prize of the Republic of Tatarstan and most of them have been working in the leading Universities of Japan, France, German, Holland, Finland and UK for а long time.
Master degree program Physics of magnetic phenomena (PMP) is а good opportunity to become skillful scientist and make publications in scientific journals. Our master graduates continue their work in KFU, RAS institutes, European, American and Japanese scientific centers.
RAS institutes, Ecole Normale Superieure (Paris, France) and Fourier University (Grenble, France) are partners of PMP.
The learning outcomes of Master`s program are:
- Ability of students to work independently in various fields of Physics of Magnetic Phenomena.
- Deep knowledge in the field of magnetic resonance and its applications in various fields of science and modern production/
- Students' active participating in research projects. By the end of the Master's program graduates are able to design and perform PhD research projects.
Those graduates already holding a Bachelor's degree can apply for admission to Master's degree programs.
- Applicants must have a qualification/degree corresponding to a 4-year educational program of higher education.
- If English is not the student's native language, then his/her TOEFL examination results (or equivalent) will be no less than 80 for an on-line test, or no less than 5,5 for IELTS. Training within the Program will be given in English and Russian.
Credit hours: 120 ECTS (including elective - 124)
Assessment methodologies used: please contact the head of the programme for this information
Duration of the program: 2 years
Deadlines for admission: three months before program start date
Contact information: Murat Tagirov, Murat.Tagirov@kpfu.ru, +7 843 233 71 16