From April 2014 to November 2017, Elabuga Institute of KFU was part of the universities that carried out the Project for the Modernization of Pedagogical Education, consisting of two stages.
Participation in the first stage began with the fact that in April 2014 the Institute won a competition for the execution of the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation "Strengthening the practical orientation of training future teachers in undergraduate programs within the framework of the enlarged group of specialties" Education and Pedagogy "in the direction of training "Pedagogical education " (Teacher of basic general education) on the basis of organizing the network of educational organizations implementing programs of higher education and basic general education".
It was one of a series of federal projects aimed at supporting the education development program for 2011-2015. Its feature, in relation to other similar projects, was the focus on the training of subject teachers - the most massive part of the teaching. The importance of the project was determined by the interest of Russian universities in participating in its execution on the terms of co-execution.
During the project, a kind of project cluster was created, which included 9 secondary schools and 5 universities: Udmurt State University, Nizhny Novgorod and Chuvash State Pedagogical Universities, Volgograd State Socio-Pedagogical University, Glazov Korolenko State Pedagogical Institute.
Despite the extremely tight deadlines, serious results were achieved during the implementation of the project: a new model of practical-oriented training of pedagogical personnel was developed and tested, the basic part of the main professional educational program was developed and reviewed, taking into account the requirements of the Professional Standard of the Teacher and including five main educational modules.
Advanced training was carried out in the design and implementation of the main professional educational programs of the bachelor's degree in the field of training "Pedagogical Education."
The successful completion of the work on the execution of the order of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation allowed the Institute to participate in a new project. The tender documentation was prepared and a competition on the topic "Implementation of a competence-based approach in the development and testing of the main professional educational programs of higher education in the Enlarged groups of specialties and directions "Education and Pedagogical Sciences" (bachelor's degree, master's and postgraduate studies, profile "Teacher of basic general education")" was won in August 2016.
Taking into account the specifics of our institute, his area of responsibility was work on the level of undergraduate education. The Institute of Psychology and Education of KFU was engaged in the development and testing of master's and postgraduate programs within the framework of the project.
The objectives of the new project were:
- Development and testing of new basic professional educational programs at the bachelor's, master's and postgraduate levels of education with the focus (profile) "Teacher of basic general education" in the form of networking using new technologies for the implementation of programs.
- Development of methodological recommendations for the introduction of new basic professional educational programs at the levels of the bachelor's, master's and postgraduate education with the focus (profile) "Teacher of basic general education."
- Dissemination of experience in the implementation of new basic professional educational programs at the levels of the bachelor's, master's and postgraduate education with the focus (profile) "Teacher of basic general education."
The expansion of the responsibility of the project caused the need to expand the partnership of the EI KFU with other universities. Only in our part of the general project, the team of co-executing universities included:
1. Volgograd State Pedagogical University
2. Pskov State University
3. Tver State University
4. Surgut State Pedagogical University
5. Pitirim Sorokin Syktyvkar State University
6. Udmurt State University
7. Glazov Korolenko State Pedagogical Institute
The successful implementation of two projects allowed our institute to reach the forefront of the reform of pedagogical education in Russia. Our main task today is not only to maintain our position, but also to ensure a steady movement towards an effective teacher training system.