For more than ten years, the ecological volunteer society of students "Ecodom" of the Chair of Biology of Elabuga Institute of KFU has been cooperating with the National Park "Nizhny Kama" in the field of environmental protection and environmental education. The period from 2014 to 2015 was devoted to the implementation of the project "On the protected trails of Nizhnyaya Kama".
The purpose of the project was to create a value-saving attitude to the natural heritage of the national park among the residents of Elabuga. The project had the following objectives:
• Draw the attention of the residents of Elabuga to the problems of the Nizhnyaya Kama National Park through environmental education and conservation actions;
• Organize work to create ideas of preschool and school-age children about the unique value of the natural heritage of the Nizhnyaya Kama National Park through environmental and biological classes and holidays, a series of Brain Ring games;
• Develop systems of environmental values, ecological culture skills and technologies in the field of interaction with the nature of the national park among the young students of Elabuga through involvement in practical activities.
1. The environmental and educational block was devoted to organizing work to draw the attention of the inhabitants of Elabuga to the problems of preserving the unique natural territories of the National Park and their biodiversity, and is also associated with the organization of environmental education of the younger generation.
2. The environmental protection block was devoted to the practical implementation of environmental protection activities.
135 people were involved in the implementation of the project: 6 children, 105 young people, 24 adults.
2355 people are covered by environmental education and upbringing activities, including 1,361 preschool and school-age children, 355 students and adult population - 639 people.
For several years, at Elabuga Institute, on the basis of the sports and recreation camp "Burevestnik", general, theoretical and practical training of high school students of Elabuga has been held as part of the Coworking general education program in biology and chemistry. Thematic classes under this project are conducted by EI KFU teachers during which students receive practical skills in areas of interest.