Petroleum Engineering master program is aimed at training of highly-qualified specialists for oil and gas sphere which have competences and knowledge necessary for realization of projects in Russia and abroad.
Petroleum Engineering master program is sponsored by the biggest oil companies Bp and Rosneft. They cover all the expenses for studying and living both in Kazan and London. They also organize industry internships during the studies for 10 students.
The duration of studies is 2 years with first year in Kazan and second year in London. After successful graduation the graduates will get two separate diplomas: KFU and Imperial College.
Petroleum engineering master program presetnation
- Receiving of documents 20.06.2020 - 20.07.2020;
- First round (consideration of applications in KFU and ICL) 21.07.2020 - 28.07.2020;
- Second round (Exam and interview with the representatives of KFU, ВР, and Rosneft) 06.08.2020
- Announcement of the competition results 08.08.2020.
List of necessary documents
- A copy of a diploma of higher education (average score of at least 4.5 out of 5) in the field of mathematical or natural sciences, physics, earth sciences, technical sciences, applied geology, mining, oil and gas.
- Copy of passport (main page, registration).
- A copy of the certificate confirming the level of English proficiency:
• IELTS (Academic). 6.5 points (minimum 6.0 for each element);
• TOEFL (iBT). 92 points (minimum 20 for each element).
- Motivation letter in Russian and English (description of professional competencies and personal motivation regarding the choice of studying in this program).
Submission of documents
To participate in the competition for a grant for training in the joint program, it is necessary to submit documents to both partner universities - KFU and ICL.
- You can apply to KFU at the university’s selection committee or remotely (online):
Any form of applying to KFU requires mandatory registration in the social network “I will be a student” and sending a certificate of English proficiency and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this document you can familiarize yourself with the mini-instructions for submitting documents online to KFU.
Instructions for applying online at KFU
- The application to ICL is carried out only remotely (online):
Documents are accepted through a united application portal on the Imperial College London website. https://imperialuk.elluciancrmrecruit.com/Apply/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fApply%2f
When submitting an application to the ICL, it is necessary to provide contacts of two representatives of the academic community (teacher, professor, scientific adviser) with their official university email addresses.
They will receive the forms for downloading letters of recommendation.
They must download recommendation letters within a week after they receive an email from the ICL.
Also, in the application process, the fall semester 2020-2021 should be indicated as the expected semester of the start of training.
Stages of competitive selection
- First round at KFU – consideration of applications;
- First round at ICL – consideration of applications;
Persons who have successfully passed the selection in the first round are allowed to participate in the second round
Examination is carried out in English, both in the profile of the program, and in the disciplines of the mathematical and natural science cycle. Testing contains 40 tasks of different difficulty levels, each correctly completed task is estimated from 2 to 4 points.
The interview is conducted according to the profile of the program in English with the participation of representatives of KFU, BP and Rosneft. At the interview, the applicant must demonstrate a high level of knowledge in the oil and gas sector, soft skills, tell about the topic and the summary of the final qualification work, about personal achievements in educational and scientific activities, as well as about the reason for choosing this program.
For more information on examand interviews, see the entrance examprogram.
Entrance exam program
Results of competitive selection
The results of the competitive selection for training in the double diploma program will be published on August 8 on this site.
They will also be sent to the personal email addresses of applicants.
With the winners of the competition (10 people), the Rosneft Group of Companies sing studing contracts.
Financing for the training includes the following expenses which are covered by BP and Rosneft:
- The cost of training in Kazan (540 000 rubles);
- The cost of living in the Universiade Village;
- Scholarship for the period of study in Kazan (30 000 rubles per month);
- The costs of visa, insurance and flight to London and vice versa;
- The cost of training in London (33 000 GBP);
- Scholarship for the period of study in London, covering accommodation and daily expenses (1 300 GBP per month).
+7 927 443-31-09 – Fazlyeva Florida Afruzovna - program coordinator at KFU, deputy director for educational activities of the Institute of Geology and Oil and Gas Technologies
+7 966 336-54-98 – Zinyukov Rustam Anverovich - program coordinator at KFU, assistant of the department of Petroleum engineering