We congratulate you on a successful admission to Kazan Federal University and hope that your study at KFU will be successful as well!
Dates of arrival
The academic year in Kazan Federal University begins on September 1, 2020. We expect you to arrive in Kazan before the beginning of the academic year or at the earliest date possible after the removal of restrictions on entering the territory of the Russian Federation.
All international students must have the following medical test results in Russian:
1) Syphilis blood test (result is valid for 7 days). Diagnostic methods are RW (Wassermann reaction) or MPR (microprecipitation reaction).
2) Chest X-ray (result is valid for 10 months).
3) For students arriving from abroad - the result of a COVID-19 test, passed no earlier than 3 calendar days before arrival in Russia.
Arrival to Kazan. Further steps.
Foreign citizens who enrolled in the 1st year and foreign citizens who arrived to study at the Preparatory School or for an internship, upon arrival, should contact:
the Support point of International Office at the Universiade Village, building No. 9 (access through checkpoint checkpoint No. 5 from the Academic Parin Str.)
Detailed information for 1st year students here.
Detailed information for the Preparatory School and trainees here.
Foreign students of 2-5 courses should contact the person responsible for settling (in large institutions - by department) of their educational unit no later than 5 working days before arrival.
Detailed information here.
Ways to get to the Universiade Village
It is possible to get to the Universiade Village via public transport:
From the main building of Kazan Federal University:
1) by metro from “Tukay Square” station to “Prospekt Pobedy” station. Then by bus No. 5 or No. 77 to “Academic Parin Street” stop (or on foot, approximately 2 km, 25 min).
2) by bus No. 47 from “Tukay Square” stop to the “Universiade VIllage” stop;
No. 74 from “Tukay Square” stop tо “Academic Parin Street” stop;
3) by trolleybus No. 8 from “Tukay Square” stop tо the “Universiade Village” stop.
From International airport “Kazan”:
1) by bus No. 197 to “Universiade Village” stop, then by bus No. 5 or No. 77 to “Academic Parin Street” stop (or on foot, approximately 2 km, 25 min).
2) by electric train to “Kazan Passazhirskaya” station, then by bus No. 74 from “Railway station” stop to “Academic Parin Street” stop.
From “Kazan Passazhirskaya” railway station:
1) by bus No. 74 from “Railway station” stop to “Academic Parin Street” stop;
2) by bus No. 47 from “Chernyshevsky (Moskovskaya) Street” stop to the “Universiade VIllage” stop;
3) by bus No. 5 from “Said-Galeev Street” stop to “Academic Parin Street” stop.