Institute of Philology and Intercultural Communication hosts 8 research and education centres:
Kayum Nasyri Institute
The centre aims to promote the Tatar language and culture around the world though the sub-centres of Kayum Nasyri Institute located in the regions of the Russian Federation and abroad. The centre focuses on the study of Tatar and Turkic languages, the Tatar literature and folklore, theory and methodology of language teaching. It includes the Research Laboratory of Tatar and Turkic Languages, the Research Sector of Tatar Literature and Folklore, the Academic Laboratory of Theory and Methods of Language Teaching, as well as the Support Centre for Online School ANA TELE.
Prof. Alfia Yusupova
Address: Kazan, 2 Tatarstan St., office 126
Multilingual Cross-Cultural Studies
The research and education center of multilingual cross-cultural studies focuses on innovative methods of language teaching and learning, including the application of ICTs and integration of cross-cultural projects into language learning programs.
The main research areas of the centre are CALL (computer-assisted language learning), MALL (mobile-assisted language learning), multimodal design of digital learning objects, multilingualism, and cross/inter-cultural competencies.
Prof. Gulnara Sadykova
Phone: +7 (843) 221-33-67
Address: Kazan, 2 Tatarstan St., office 202
Russian and Slavic Studies
The center focuses on research studies in the field of the Russian language and Slavic studies, Russian literature and folklore, literary study of the area, theory and methodology of teaching the Russian language, dialogue of cultures in literature, methods of language teaching.
Prof. Elena Gorobets
Baudouin de Courtenay Research and Education Centre of Linguistics
The research is conducted in the following areas:
1. The development of the Russian segment of the Linked Open Data (LOD), a major international project for creating 2nd generation Internet
2. Automated extraction of textual information. In agreement with Hewlett-Packard, the system of extraction of business events from news feeds is being developed.
3. XVIII century Russian language corpora construction.
4. The study of the world languages evolution based on the database Languages of the World.
Prof. Valery Soloviev
Address: Kazan, 2 Tatarstan St., office 467
Centre for the Russian Language and Culture in Arabic and Turkic Speaking Countries
Mission & Main activities:
1. Promotion, support and consolidation of the positions of the Russian language, as well as the popularization of national culture, literature, education and Russian science among the youth of the Arab and Turkic-speaking countries;
2. ttraction of foreign students for further studying in KFU according to the postgraduate, graduate, undergraduate programs, for practical training, for short-term courses in all fields of study;
3. Expansion of the access to education in the Russian Federation.
Prof. Tatyana Bochina
Address: Kazan, 2 Tatarstan St., office 316
Leo Tolstoy's Heritage Studies
The Center implements academic, educational and cultural programs with the aim of revaluating Leo Tolstoy's creative heritage in modern culture, systematization and generalization of Russian and world experience in literary studies, developing new approaches to the study of the writer's work, establishing perspective areas in Tolstoy studies, as well as the studies of other Russian classic authors. In addition, the Center sets the task of studying national and regional specifics in the perception of Tolstoy's literary and philosophical heritage.
Associate Professor Rinat Bekmetov
Phone: +7 (843) 221-33-32, +7 (843) 221-33-07
Address: Kazan, 2 Tatarstan St., office 421
Turkic Studies and Intercultural Communication
Modern Technologies of Language Education