On April, 22 accreditation company for World Universiade-2013 was started. KFU Vice-Rectors and Institute Directors were the first who received badges in the Accreditation centre of the Executive Committee of the Universiade.
The accreditation procedure is computerized and takes only a few minutes. Accreditation category, access area during the Universiade are designated on the badge. This badge also has the bank card of the general partner of the Universiade, because only it will provide an access through terminals and control points. By the way, you can put cash on this card and use it as an ordinary debit card.
We asked KFU Administration to say a few words about how they are going to use their badges and what they expect from the Universiade.
Vice-rector for Education Riyaz Minzaripov:
- KFU and other Kazan universities are involved in the Universiade organization and competitions. It would be interesting to watch the games. I plan to visit volleyball games, because I used to train it. Moreover, I want to attend basketball and athletics. We wish our students-athletes and volunteers health, endurance and, of course, victory!
Vice-Rector for External Relations Linar Latypov:
- Universiade will improve the image of Tatarstan, as well as university education in Republic and Kazan University.
Director of the Institute of History Ramil Khairutdinov:
- Universiade is a celebration of sport and cultures close relations. We, the specialists in Humanities, fully support the Universiade, which will take place in the capital of Tatarstan. It is very important for us. Tatar nation was always famous for its representatives in athletics, weightlifting and wrestling. For me, being a Director of the Institute of History, it is very important, because now various big events are held right now, including cultural ones that are related to the Olympic Movement. We the historians are well-prepared - we trained guides, issued monographs, pamphlets, books on sports games.
Director of the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology Andrey Kiyasov:
- I plan to visit football, volleyball, basketball and other team sports during the Universiade. Many guests come specifically to our city to watch the Universiade. If it is possible, you should watch it and be welcoming hosts.
Director of the Institute of Physical Education, Sports and Restorative Medicine Iskander Galeev:
- Our mood is determined and optimistic. We treat the Universiade as a landmark in the life of our University, Republic and the country in whole. We believe that this is a breakthrough of Tatarstan and Russia into the international sporting space. We hope for high sport results and, above all, for the victory of students of Kazan Federal University.