The main objective is fostering physical education and the teaching how to implement it in social, professional, physical and recreational activities.
The goals of the program are:
- optimization of learning techniques; search of new forms and teaching methods, their improvement with an opportunity of giving comprehensive education and making physical education an efficient factor in the development of a strong personality and readiness for professional activities;
- development of the Department’s teaching potential by means of extending methodological support of educational, pedagogic, health and fitness activities; practical implementation of information technology in process of planning and forming of learning activities;
- research activities at the development of innovative educational technology, which includes available, secure and effective praxis in the field of health protection, all-round development and individual improvement;
- fostering healthy lifestyle as to either a success factor in study and career or a flexible way of primary preventative measures and health protection.
The objective of “Physical Education” discipline (thematic learning modules: “Physical Education”, “Applied Physical Education”) is to develop a comprehensive outlook of an individual with a strong civic position, moral qualities, sense of responsibility, an independent, initiative, tolerant person who is able to successfully socialize and to use different forms of physical education and sports in daily life to protect his or her own health and promote effective professional activities.
The purposes of the discipline is:
Physical Education in KFU is provided over the whole period of students’ study and is realized in following forms:
- classes, which are the main form of Physical Education. According to the curriculum of Physical Education discipline, students of 1-3 academic years have 4 academic hours of PE classes per week during the whole period of their theoretical studies (“Physical Education” and “Applied Physical Education” units);
- Doing different kind of sports in specialized clubs;
- Students do sports and tourism independently (running club, tourist club etc.);
- Physical exercising during a working day;
- Mass health, fitness and extra curriculum sports events (walks, sport games, swimming, backpacking tours, Spartakiada games, cross-country running, sports competitions etc.);
Types of physical exercises listed above provide students with complete the amount of weekly physical activity according to standards (6-8 hours per week).