Management of learning activities.
Student groups according to levels of physical development.
Before beginning of classes, students must be assigned to either of the following groups: main, specialized or sport one.
Students are assigned at the beginning of academic year according to their gender, health condition (based on their medical history), level of physical development and fitness and their interests.
Students referred to physical education classes with full and reduced exercise load belong to the main group.
Students are assigned to a specialized medical group in accordance with their medical report.
Students who receive a medical exemption from physical education for extended period of time are assigned to a specialized group where they can study corresponding units of the educational program.
Students of the second year and older who can fulfill the complete exercise load, who demonstrate high fitness levels and are interested in one particular kind of sports offered at the University, are assigned to the sports group.
Students of the sports group have to fulfill the compulsory physical standards like as the main group students. Some students of the sports group with higher qualifications in sports may have an individual schedule for the chosen sports. They also have to meet the compulsory time standards.
In certain cases some first year students can be assigned to the sports group if their fitness level in the chosen sport is high enough but they do not get an exemption from theoretical and practical classes.
The number of groups and their specialties are approved by the University administration and the Department on Physical Education depending on finances and staff possibilities.
Students can change their assigned group if they pass the term exams successfully. Students can transfer to the specialized group according to changes in the medical report at any time.
Physical Education sessions have different forms of educational and extra-curriculum classes.
Classes may be:
- theoretical, practical, examining;
- elective practical classes;
- individual and group sessions;
- independent exercising by order and exercising under teacher’s control.
Student responsibilities include:
- regular attendance of PE classes according to the schedule;
- medical examination at the stated time, self-control of the health, physical development and fitness;
- various tests to estimate the level of fitness and functional background;
- active learning of PE theory and methodology based on the relative literature;
- reasonable combination of studies, rest and nutrition;
- regular morning exercising, doing sports and tourism independently, fulfillment of weekly physical plan upon the teacher’s recommendations;
- health protection, improvement of fitness and sports levels;
- taking part in mass health, physical and sports events organized by a group, department, University etc.