1. Biodiversity of the land ecosystems natural and reconstructed reservoirs of the Central Volga Region for the purpose of rational use of zoological resources, protection of rare and endangered species.
2. Reconstruction of climatic fluctuations in the Russian Arctic in the Holocene using complex paleoecological methods.
Along with basic researches in the field of systematization, biology of development, ecology of vertebrate animals and the theory of stability of еtheir communities, the studies of applied character connected with questions of preservation of a biodiversity, biotechnology, reproduction of zoological resources, and also rehabilitations of ecological systems are carried out.
Yakovlev Valery Anatol’evich, Doctor of Science (Biology), professor Tel. (843) 233-72-89, E-mail: Valery.Yakovlev@ ksu.ru, email@example.com
Cooperation, Preprograms and Grants (результативность)
1. Grant of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation within the National Project «Education»: «Reconstruction of palaeoclimatic conditions of Holocene by innovative methods with using palaeobiological, geochemical and palaeomagnetic indicators of sediment archives of lakes» (In cooperation with the Institute of Geology and Petroleum Technologies Kazan Federal University)
2. Grant of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation within the national project «Education: «Reconstruction of climatic fluctuations in the Russian Arctic in the Holocene using complex of paleogeophysical and paleoecological methods» (In cooperation with the Institute of Geology and Petroleum Technologies Kazan Federal University)
3. Grant of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation within the national project: «Education «Climate changes and variations of a geomagnetic field in polar on the basis of researches of lakes sediments from Kharbeysky lakes»
4. Grant of Russian-German Otto Schmidt Laboratory (OSL) for Marine and Polar Research (State Scientific Center of the Russian Federation the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute): «A Sub-fossil Cladocera Based on Regional Assessment of Environmental and Climate Change in Lakes and Ponds of the Arctic, Russia»
Yakovlev V.A. Protected water invertebrates of the Republic of Tatarstan. Kazan, Kazan State University Press. 2010. 140 pp.
Yakovleva A.V., Yakovlev V.A., Mezikova D.V. First records of the North American gastropod Physella acuta (Draparnaud, 1805) in the Kuybyshev Water Reservoir, Russia // Russian Journal of Biological Invasions. 2011. Vol. 2, No. 1. P.
Yakovlev V.A., Achmetzyanova N.Sh., Yakovleva A.V. Distributinal Patterns and Size-Weight Parameters of Lithoglyphus naticoides (Gastropoda) Hydrobiidae) in the Upper Reaches of the Kuibyshev Reservoir // Russian Journal of Biological Invasions. 2010. Vol. 1, No. 4. P. 313–322.
Yakovlev V. A., Yakovleva A.V. Polychaete Hypania invalida (Polychaeta: Ampharetidae) in the Kuybyshev Reservoir: Distribution and Size and Weight Parameters // Russian Journal of Biological Invasions. 2010. Vol. 1, No. 2. P. 153–159.
Yakovleva A.V., Yakovlev V.A. Modern Fauna and Quantitative Parameters of Invasive Invertebrates in Zoobenthos of Upper Reaches of the Kuybyshev Reservoir, Russia // Russian Journal of Biological Invasions, 2010, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 153–159.
Kuznetsov V.A. Fishes of the Volga-Kama region. Kazan, Idel-Press. 2005. 207 pp.
Galanin I.F.On Expansion of Gobi Fishes (Neogobius and Proterorhinus) in Shallow Shore Areas of Kuybyshev Reservoir, Russia // Russian Journal of Biological Invasions. 2012. Vol. 3. No 2. 101-104 pp.
Frolova L.A., Galanin I.F., Nazarova L.B. Invader species from the family Gobiidae (Pisces: Teleostei) in trophic chains of Kuibyshev water reservoir // Biological Invasions - from Ecology to Conservation. Vol. 7. 2008. 232-237 рр.
Galanin I.F., Frolova L.A. Pathways of invasion of the tubenose goby (Proterorhinus marmoratus (Pallas, 1814) into the Kuibyshev water reservoir (Middle Volga, Russia) // NEOBIOTA: Towards a Synthesis, 5th European Conference on Biological Invasions Prague (Czech Republic), 23-26. September 2008. 75 р.
Nazarova L., D. Nourgaliev, L. Frolova, O. Palagushkina, N. Rudaya, D. Nazarov, O. Tumanov, Kosareva L., P. Krylov, L. Gafiatullina, D. Gilmanova, R.Sabirov. Altay Mountains as a key region for climate driven ecological research // Environmental Radioecology and Applied Ecology. 2009. 15(2), 3-7
Nazarova L.B., Ushnickaya L.A., Pestjakova L.A., Frolova L.A. The role of benthic bioindicators in paleoclimatic investigations in Yakutia // Problems of Regional Ecology. 2010. Vol. 3. 57-60
Frolova, L.A., Nazarova, L.B., Pestryakova, L.A., Herzschuh U. Structure of communities of zoohydrobionts of the lakes of north-west of Yakutia ?? KSU Academic Proceedings. 2011. Vol. 153. 2. рр. 190-201 (in Russian).
Rudaya N., Nazarova L., Nourgaliev D., Palagushkina O., Papin D., Frolova L. Middle-Late Holocene environmental history of Kulunda, southwestern Siberia: vegetation, climate and humans // Quaternary Science Reviews. 2012. Vol. 48: 32-42.
Kienast F., Wetterich S., Kuzmina S., Schirrmeister L., Andreev A., Tarasov P., Nazarova L., Kossler A., Frolova L., Kunitsky V. Paleontological records prove boreal woodland under dry inland climate at today’s Arctic coast in Beringia during the last interglacial // Quaternary Science Reviews (2011). 30 (17/18): 2134-2159. DOI:10.1016/j.quascirev.2010.11.024
Galanina A.P. Specific Features of Bird Community Formation Depending on the Degree of Anthropogenic Impact// Russian Journal of Ecology. 2008. Vol. 39. No. 6. pp. 418–424.