SRL “Interdisciplinary Innovative And Scientific-Practical Archaeological And Ethnological Research” was created at the Institute of History of Kazan Federal University in January 2012.
The Research laboratory Regulations.
General management of the research laboratory is carried out by Sitdikov A. G. (Associate Professor, the head of the Department of Ethnography and Archeology, cand. of hist. sciences).
The laboratory work is performed by experts in humanities and natural sciences. The following experts have a degree: Asylgaraeva G. Sh. (cand. of vet. sciences), Valiev R. R. (cand. of hist. sciences), Valiulina S. I. (cand. of hist. sciences), Gazimzyanov I.R. (cand. of hist. sciences), Kravtsova O. A. (cand. of bio. sciences), Linkina L. I. (cand. of geo.-mineral. sciences), Mardanshina E. M. (cand. of hist. sciences), Melnikov L. V. (cand. of bio. sciences), Morozov V. P. (Dr. of geo.-mineral. sciences), Titova T. A. (Dr. of hist. sciences), Khasanov D. I. (cand. of geo.-mineral. sciences), Khramchenkova R. H. (cand. of phys. and math. sciences), Chernova I. Yu. (cand. of geo.-mineral. sciences), Shakirov Z. G. (cand. of hist. sciences). The experts possessing no degree: Bakhmatova V. N., Belyaev A. V., Mirsiyapov I. Yu., Nuretdinova A. R., Starovoytov A. V., Usmanov B. M., Khomyakov P. V. The students of the Institute of International Relations, History and Oriental Studies have also participated in the research work of the laboratory.
Participating institutes of KFU:
1. The Institute of International Relations, History and Oriental studies (coordinator)
2. The Institute of Geology and Petroleum Technologies
3. The Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology
4. The Institute of Environmental Sciences
The engaged institutions:
1. Institute of Archaeology of the Russian Academy of Sciences
2. Institute of History of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences
3. The Heritage Institute of the Russian Ministry of Culture
The main areas of research:
- geophysical surveying of the archaeological heritage sites;
- studying mineralogy and clay composition of the archaeological heritage finds and attempting to identify the deposit;
- biological and soil surveying by taking samples, analysis and data compilation of soil formation of the archaeological heritage sites;
- compiling a geo-information database of the archaeological heritage sites;
- anthropological and genetic studies of the skeletons from archaeological heritage sites;
- determining geographical coordinates and satellite-based referencing the archaeological sites and architecture of the objects of archaeology;
- conducting in-situ surveys of the abrasion zone of the Kuibyshev reservoir within the Zelenodolsky district of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- conducting in-situ surveys of the abrasion zone of the Kuibyshev reservoir within the Spassky district of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- field archaeological research in the form of archaeological excavations, compilation of the drafts of identified objects, their photographic fixation and description, analysis of the results obtained;
- implementation of archaeozoological studies of bone remains from the archaeological heritage sites;
- sampling and studying physical and chemical properties, microelement composition and historical and cultural parameters of the archaeological heritage finds;
- metallographic and technological research of the archaeological metal;
- research of the archaeological heritage sites in the Central Zakamye;
- research of the archaeological heritage of the Lower Volga Region;
- field ethnographic research in the form of the material collection and analysis,a compilation of the data of the ethnographic image of the population of the Spassky district;
- paleobotonic exploration by analysing and compiling data on the vegetation evolution in the territory adjacent to the archaeological heritage sites;
- preparation of scientific documentation on the study of archaeological heritage sites, implementation of the cameral processing of the collections and graphic drawing.