Prominent philologists, known in the world of Tatar linguistics and literature, L.Sh. Arslanov, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor Salimov Kh.Kh., prof. Laisov N.Kh., prof. Ismagilova S.G.worked at the Department of Tatar Philology in different years/
The Department of Tatar Philology provides teaching of the following disciplines: “Mother tongue”, “History of native literature”, “Expressive reading”, “Philological analysis of the text”, “Stylistics”, “Folklore of native people”, “Ancient languages”, “Arabic graphics”, "General linguistics", "Comparative linguistics", "Turkish language", "Literary translation", "Children's literature", etc., as well as a number of courses on the choice of students.
Every year, the Department of Tatar Philology holds such events as the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference of Schoolchildren and Secondary Specialized Schools “Tatar Language, Literature, History: Past, Present and Future”, the All-Russian Creative Competition “Kaur Kalum”, the Olympiad in Tatar Language and Literature, which are not only educational and scientific in nature, but also career guidance. The department also holds the International Turkic Conference, which invites famous turkologists and historians from around the world..
Topics of applied methodical research
• Active and interactive higher education teaching methods
• The evolution of the novel and its types in the Tatar literature of the twentieth century. (genesis, traditions, poetics)
• Stylistic and lexical features of the modern Tatar language
• Poetics and problems of modern Tatar literature
• Current issues and the style of the Tatar language
• The national-cultural specificity of the reproduction of phraseological units, dialectisms, historical realities in the translation of works of art from Tatar into Russian