The Department of Physics was established by order of the KFU rector No. 01-06 / 750 dated July 20, 2016.
The department implements the training of bachelors in the areas "Pedagogical Education", "Applied Informatics", "Psychological and Pedagogical Education", "Vocational training (by industry)", etc.
The department implements educational programmes in the following directions:
44.03.04 Professional training (profile “Energetics”)
44.03.05 – Teacher training, profile “ Mathematics and Physics” (in cooperation with the department of mathematics and applied computer science).
Educational laboratories of the department
• Laboratory of Mechanics and Molecular Physics
• Laboratory of Energy Systems Automation
• Laboratory of Optics and Quantum Physics
• Laboratory of electricity and energy
• Laboratory for teaching the fundamentals of energy
• Laboratory of Electrical and Radio Engineering
• Laboratory of Experimental Physics
• Laboratory of Basic Automation and Computer Engineering
• Electrical installation and repair workshop
Priority scientific directions of the department:
• Improving the training of teachers in the framework of the FSES GE;
• Information technologies in teaching physics and related disciplines,
• Development of technical creativity of schoolchildren,
• History of science and technology.
Teachers of the department publish the results of their experience and research in the journals of the database "SCOPUS", the list of HAC, RISC and materials of various conferences. Participation in conferences and seminars of various ranks allow teachers of the department to obtain important information about the upcoming or emerging educational materials developed in various universities and other educational institutions in Russia and the CIS, to discuss professional issues, to get acquainted, in particular, with non-traditional developments and techniques for using computers in teaching various subjects at school and university.
Teachers of the department are involved in the management of students’ research.
Topics of applied methodical research
• Improving the efficiency of students' independent work in studying physics through the use of electronic educational courses at LMS MOODLE
• Implementation of the content of physical and mathematical education based on innovative approaches