KFU Publishing House has a very long history.
It was established in 1808, four years after the University itself, and tasked with “printing everything that promotes knowledge in the surrounding districts”. January 20, 1809, was the first day of real work.
Curiously enough, the publishing house is still situated almost exactly where it was more than two centuries ago.
Near the end of the 19th century the House already established itself as one of the best and most prolific in Russia. It also served as an additional boost to the University’s reputation.
The House remained very important during the Soviet period.
Today the KFU Publishing House is still one of the biggest such houses in Russia covering the whole range of publications – monographs, textbooks, conference information packages, fiction, manuals, etc.