As a rule foreign lecturers and researchers are accommodated in the Kazan University Guest House located in the University Village.
The Universiade Village is a residential zone which was constructed in Kazan to house athletes and officials during the 27th Summer Universiade 2013.
Nowdays the Village serves as a student campus for Kazan (Volga Region) Federal University and Volga Region State Academy of Physical Culture, Sports and Tourism. The complex may house 14,500 people. It is unique and the largest in Russia.
The Universiade Village is within walking distance from the Prospekt Pobedy metro station. Bus number 47 and trolleybus number 8 are running in this city district.
The Universiade Village’s infrastructure is well-developed. Its premises comprise a pharmacy, a medical station, a security guard station, a sports equipment rental centre, a hairdresser's, a supermarket, catering establishments, a post office, a service centre, a tailoring shop. Volleyball and basketball courts and a football ground are located along the Flag alley.
Accommodation fee depends on number of the rooms, number of the guests, type of the room and types of additional services provided. Every room is provided with a kitchen, bathroom and shower. An average cost for accommodation for one person is 4300 RUB / about 90 EUR per month (an additional service of housekeeping once a week is included).
Please, be noted that internal rules and regulations of the Universiade Village were established for our guests’ safety reasons. Here are mane rules that should be followed.
The Guest shall be prohibited to:
1. smoke, consume alcohol drinks and low-alcohol drinks, as well as store, consume and distribute drugs, psychotropic and toxic substances in the dormitory (in rooms, blocks, corridor, kitchens, elevators and balconies);
2. execute alienation, exchange, lease, use, sublease, separation, privatization of the dwelling room;
3. bring strangers for overnight. For strangers shall be prohibited to stay after 11 pm;
4. move fittings from one room to another without permission;
5. change rooms without permission;
6. keep pets in the dormitory;
7. mount and use heating devices in room without special permission;
8. store inflammable and explosive, pyrotechnic substances;
9. change locks in the dwelling room without permission;
10. store, use and distribute poisonous, inflammable, explosive and pyrotechnic substances as well as guns and ammunition;
11. provide residence to strangers as family members or temporary lodgers without permission;
12. execute mantling and dismantling of electric wiring;
13. leave switched on electric devices unattended.
In case you find these rules difficult to observe, please choose off-campus accommodation for yourself.
Apartment rent depends on its location, size and equipment. As a rule, rented apartments have furniture and basic household appliances (fridge, telephone). Current price for one or two- rooms apartment in Kazan is starting at 20000 RUB / about 400 EUR. Telephone bills are not included.