Department of Information Systems Department of Information Systems originates from the department of mathematics, computer science and teaching methods of physical faculty TSUHP, which was founded in 1998 and trains students in mathematics and computer science in Russian and Tatar languages.
At present, the scientific work of the department is conducted in cooperation with the Research Institute of "Applied Semiotics" Academy of Science and, in particular, includes the following areas:
- Linguistic models in the information and communication technologies (ICT).
- Machine translation. Studies include the development of machine translation systems for the Turkic language and Russian-Tatar translation.
- An electronic body of the Tatar language. The project aims to develop an annotated body of the Tatar language for humanitarian and educational applications.
- Speech technologies, including the development of systems analysis and synthesis of the Tatar language;
- Design of electronic textbooks and learning systems.
- Knowledge extraction systems
- Modeling of the intellectual potential of the individual and society.
The department is graduating with a degree in "Information Technologies in Education" and in "Information technologies and systems". There are Masters in this area, there is a post-graduate course. The department has two professors, three doctors and seven assistant professors, PhDs.