Environmental protection biotechnologies
• Remediation of oil-polluted soils and oil sludge.
• Waste volume and hazard reduction technologies using bioprocessing
• Plant sickness rate reduction with application of microbial drugs
• Antibiotic resistance genes distribution in the environment
• Organic waste treatment
• Anaerobic fermentation
• Non-conventional organic fertilizers
• Suppressive composts
Screening and study of pharmaco- toxicological properties of new hepatoprotective drugs
• Animal ecology
• Physiological adaptation
• Human ecology
• Physiology and occupational safety
• Ecological toxicology
• Ecological pharmacology
• Feeding ecology and physiology
• Human: from occupational and sports safety ecology to ecological pharmacology
Biotoxins and biopathogenes in environment
• Synthesis, development, and implementation of test systems for causative pathogens identification in bees with diseases of various etiology and deep express analysis of beekeeping products for contamination by infectious pathogens
• Honeybees monitoring of environment using indicators of industrial contaminants accumulation in beekeeping products (honey, pollen, propolis, wax etc.) for ecosystem pollution level control.
• Epizootiological monitoring of territories, development of diagnostics, treatment and prevention of animal infectious diseases
• Biomolecular and immunological indication and biopathogenes identification from the environment
• Indication of mycotoxins and their producers in the environment and food stock
• Improving treatment methods of highly infectious diseases and socially significant infections
• Natural-focus diseases: indication, elimination and prevention on territorial levels
Aquatic ecology and ecotoxicology
Wastewater treatment and water ecosystem remediation biotechnologies
• Assessment and regulation of industrial footprint on various aquatic ecosystems
• Aquatic and biological resources quality forming factors
• Ecological safety, environmental monitoring, environmental protection technologies
• Presence of toxic ingredients and their impact on elements of aquatic ecosystem (water, bottom sediments, tissues and organs of fishes)
• Potential toxic impact assessment from toxic ingredients on aquatic organisms
• Waste water treatment biotechnologies: impact assessment of industrial waste and drugs on sludge microbial community (lab modelling).
• Environmental monitoring of surface waters, bottom sediments and aquatic biocenosis.
• Eutrophication study, cyanobacterial bloom and ecological risk related to these processes.
• Development and application of eco-technologies for aquatic ecosystems restoration
• Design and implementation of new toxicity tests for nature protection, including those using computer vision
• Software development for environmental monitoring and ecotoxicology.
Radioactive contamination of the environment
• Environmental assessment of radioactive contamination by Tatneft JSC facilities
Soil phytoremediation, environment quality bioindication
• Development of quantitative methods for impact assessment on the environment
• Common biogeochemical factors of microelements migration between plants and soil
• Development of environment quality assessment methods using plants