Visas\ICCP 2015 - Kazan (Volga region) Federal University

Citizens of certain countries and territories need a visa to visit or transit Russia. Check if you need a visa at;

or a Russian consulate in your home country

You should apply for your visa well in advance. From 10 December 2014 Russian diplomatic missions and the visa application centres will collect biometric data (scanned fingerprints) from visa applicants above the age of 12. This applies to each Russian entry or transit visa application. For further information see the  Russian Embassy website.

On receiving your visa you should check the details of the visa including the validity dates and passport number carefully to ensure they are correct and cover the entire time of your stay including the arrival and departure days. Before you travel to Russia make sure you are aware of the terms and conditions attached to your visa, for both entry and exit. Please note that you should carefully adhere to the validity and conditions of your visa. Overstaying your visa without authorisation from the Federal Migration Authorities can result in a delay to your departure from Russia, fines, and possible deportation and a ban from re-entry. You should arrange an extension of your visa before it expires.


To prepare an official invitation letter from Kazan Federal University we need from you the copy of your passport and the following information:

 Last name:

First name:

Date of birth:

Place of birth:


Passport No. :


Place where the passport is given:

Date of expiry: 
Home address (with phone number):

Place of work (with phone number):



Time of stay in Russia (from _________ to __________)

What cities in Russia you plan to visit (apart from Kazan)

Place where you plan to apply for your visa (city, consulate)

Please, send this information to our e-mail: 


If you're staying for more than 7 working days you must register with the local branch of the Federal Migration Service. This would be done for you by the organizers on your arrival. Most major hotels will do this automatically. If you're staying in private accommodation the owner of the property must do this for you.

Passport validity 

Your passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months after the expiry date of your visa.

Migration cards

All foreign nationals entering Russia must sign a migration card, which is produced electronically at passport control in the major airports. Provincial airports may still require you to complete the migration card manually. The card is in two identical parts. One part will be retained by the Immigration Officer on arrival. You should keep the other part with your passport; you will need it when you leave Russia and if you are stopped by the police for an ID check during your stay. There are many hotels and hostels that will not check in guests if they don't have the stamped white immigration card with them. You must complete a new migration card each time you enter Russia, even if you have a multiple entry visa. If you lose the second part of the card you will be fined, and your departure from the country could be delayed. 


If you wish to import certain advanced electronic items (e.g. Global Positioning System instruments), you must get an operating licence from the Russian authorities before you travel. Check with the Embassy of the Russian Federation before your departure.

If you complete a declaration make sure the form is stamped by a Customs official at your port of entry, otherwise your foreign currency and non-declared items may be confiscated when you leave Russia and you may be fined.

There are strict regulations governing the export from Russia of antiques, icons, medals, artwork and other items of historical significance. This includes modern art and even posters if they are particularly rare or valuable. You must get approval from the Ministry of Culture.

Russian Online Visa Application Form Questionnaire.