The head of the Centre is Akhunov Azat Marsovich.
Aim: Research in the study of Oriental manuscripts
- conducting fundamental and applied research in the field of studying Oriental manuscripts;
- Increasing the efficiency and quality of research and development, the preparation of scientific and scientific and pedagogical personnel in areas related to the problems of the Centre;
- attracting young people to science, education and innovation;
- implementation of research results (hereinafter - R & D) and other developments in the production and training process;
- attraction of teachers, researchers, doctoral students, post-graduate students and students of KFU to R & D performed in the Centre;
- attracting specialists from partner organizations to read special courses and directing educational, research, course, final qualification works, students' practice and internship of graduate students on terms determined by separate contracts concluded in KFU;
- maintenance and development of scientific relations of KFU with leading Russian and world Centres for studying eastern manuscripts;
- assistance in the implementation of educational programs related to the research issues of the Centre;
- effective use of available scientific, human resources in research and educational processes on the scientific profile of the Centre;
- increase the level of educational and methodological work of the educational environment through the creation of new curricula, textbooks, teaching aids and manuals, including on electronic media;
- popularization of scientific knowledge and pre-university vocational guidance work, holding school, university Olympiads, scientific and practical conferences of students and graduate students, master classes and exhibitions, developing methods and tools for motivating talented youth for a professional career in the scientific profile of the Centre.
The annual Summer School "Islam in Eurasia" for young researchers
Creation of a consolidated description of Arabic-language books published in Russia and kept in book collections in Russia.