Scientific Student English conference titled “Biology and its Development” in the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology took place on 24 March at 13:35 p.m. in the auditorium 108 in the second building of KFU. Participants were chosen during preliminary step on the group level conferences from both masters and bachelors to be. The variety of scientific areas our students made their researches in seemed really impressive: starting from the issue of molecular interactions and ending with such complicated complex problem as the origins of animals’ flight. Thereby this event was certainly worth visiting. In order to prove these words on visual example here is the list of participants with their works’ headlines:
1.Муртазин М.И.-2 курс,гр.404. “Electromiography in a system of management of bionicprocesses”Науч.рук.- доц., к.б.н. Т.В.Балтина, доц., к.п.н. Г.А.Арсланова
2. Вялик М.В.- 2 курс,гр. 01-401. “How do animals fly?” Науч. рук. –доц.,к.б.н. Залеев Р.Ф.,ст.преп. Г.И.Сосновская
3. Губаев Р.Ф - 1 курс,магистр,гр. 01-540-1 ‘The abscisic acid effect on the pectobacteriumatrosepticum transcriptome profile” Науч. рук. - В.Ю.Горшков, ст. преп. Г.И.Сосновская.
4. Колобынина К.Г. - 1 курс,магистр, гр.01-540-. “Tescalinprotein and his functions in stem cell differentiation” Науч.рук. - науч. сотр., к.б.н. В.В.Соловьёва,ст. преп. Г.И.Сосновская.
5. Зиганшина А.Р. - 2 курс, гр.405 “Homocysteine” Науч.рук. - доц., к.б.н. О.В.Яковлева, доц., к.п.н. Г.А.Арсланова.
6. Ильясова А.И. - 2 курс, гр.405 “Comparative characteristic of catching apparatus in different groups of cephalopods” Науч.рук. - асс. А.В.Голиков, ст. преп. Г.И.Сосновская.
7. Лисевич И.М. - 2 курс, гр.403 “Mysterious binase. Two is better than one” Науч.рук. - с.н.с., к.б.н. В.В.Ульянова, проф., д.н. О.Н.Ильинская,ст. преп. Г.И.Сосновская.
8. Ишмухаметов И.Р. - 2 курс, гр.405 “Scaffold-free technology” Науч.рук. -с.н.с., к.б.н. Е.А., Науменко, доц., к.п.н. Г.А.Арсланова.
9. Бокань Б.Ю. -2 курс,01-403 “Effects of deprivation Ca2+ on the cytoskeleton of nerve ending frog in the stimulation neurotransmitter secretion” Науч.рук.- канд.биологических наук ,стар.науч.сотрудник КИББ Каз Нц Ран Мухитов А.Р.,ст.преп. Г.И.Сосновская.
10.Курмашева Н.Р. - 1 курс,магистр,гр.01-540-2 “The virulence factors of bacteria Providencia stuartii” Науч.рук. - А.М.Марданова, ст. преп. Г.И.Сосновская
11. Голубев А.А.- 2 курс, гр.402 “Application of synthetic biology for production of chemicals” Науч. рук. - PhDШ.З.Валидов, ст.преп. Г.И.Сосновская.
12.Прудников Т.С. – 1 курс, гр. 01-501, «Macrophages».Науч.рук. – доц., к.б.н.Соловьёва В.В., ст. Преп. Сосновская Г.И.
This conference became an excellent experience for young researchers and gave theunique opportunity to try themselves as lectors in one of the biggest auditorium in our University. It is important to note that all participants approached to this role very seriously and did their best to explain the main points and tasks they deal with in the labs in a clear, captivating and unusual way, showing pictures and videos to help the audience form simple associations.
Most works were a kind of scientific report and consisted of only theoretical data, however, it didn’t impair the impression they made. Many curious facts and future possibilities for humankind were announced during this conference. For example, it was surprising to find out how to control the other’s movements with the help of your thoughts and mysterious electromyography. Besides, everybody was glad to learn more about particular biological influence of homocysteine amino acid on human health and decided not to drink too much coffee since then. In the end, it can’t be omitted that one student presented not just a report but an exciting performance about flying animals and flight itself made in an extraordinary way. It was absolutely amazing to comprehend physical nature of this phenomenon with the help of visual pictures and accurate explanations he came up with, though everybody seemed to take wing barely.
The next group of reports can be characterized as semi-theoretical because students used data from labs’ researches in presentation having extended it with their own thoughts. The audience was lucky to get acquainted with such popular area of modern science as synthetic biology. Moreover, this report captivated with its informative content, accuracy and amazingly considered structure. There were many words about technology of this process, examples of the things people had already learned how to produce and future perspectives which synthetic biology opened to us. The other participant tried to look at the world through the objective of microscope so her report was referred to bacteria. However, not to all of them in general sense, in contrast, to the particular specie that was considered to synthesize dimeric protein possessing antitumor cytotoxic activity. She emphasized that even in case it wouldn’t become future effective drug one more hope couldn’t be extra.
The last but not least part of reports was fully scientific and comprised individual researches of each participant so it deserves distinct attention. It is important to note that apart from masters to be there were two second year students who don’t usually have such experience. Their scientific interests were connected with the areas of hydrobiology, especially cephalophods systematic characteristics and neuron physiology, Ca2+ influence on cytoskeleton and secretion of neurotransmitter in particular. The first participant gave a great number of pictures by virtue of which the audience had an opportunity to get acquainted better with these untypical representatives of the Nature. Another report was very serious both theoretically and practically. By the way, real photos of cytoskeleton molecules, she had made during the experiment, were shown in presentation so it seemed that we turned into a kind of microelectrode and penetrated into mysterious neuron. Absolutely unforgettable experience!
To conclude, it must be said that the science of 21st century has quite different role and expression. There is one continuous myth or strong opinion of many people that modern scientists have nothing to discover anymore because all the brightest and the most important things have already been known. However, it is much more correct to compare science with picture. The only thing we have now is a sketch and the main aim of modern science is to animate it and make it shine with all the colors of rainbow.
The results of the conference:
1st place – Лисевич И.М.
2d place – Голубев А.А.
3d place – Вялик М.В., Зиганшина А.Р.
Among masters to be:
1st place – Колобынина К.Г.
2d place – Курмашева Н.Р.
3d place – Губаев Р.Ф.
Our jury: Сосновская Г.И., Арсланова Г.А., Воронина Е.Б., Исмагилова А.Р., Бекимбетова Н.М., Аюпова Л.И.