Main research areas
- Dialogue of Civilizations. East and West: Language, History, Culture, Geopolitics, Ideology. Dr. Linar Latypov - Director of the Institute of Oriental Studies and International Relations, PhD.
- Comparative Analyses of Eastern and Western Models of Governance. Dr.Nailya Akhtyamova - PhD in Economics Associate Professor
- Department of International Relations and Diplomacy. The history of international relations and foreign policy of Russian Federation. Yakov Grishin - Honored Professor, Doctor of Science, Head of department.
- Department of Area Studies and Islamic Studies. Islamic Economics and Islamic Studies. Renat Bekkin - Doctor of Science, Full Professor- Head of department.
- Department of History and Culture of the East. Sphere of scientific research of the department covers a range of issues of history, historiography, source studies and culture of the East. Ramil Valeyev - Doctor of Science, Full Professor - Head of department.
- Department of Turkic Philology. Philology of Turkic languages. Asiya Rakhimova - Associate Prof., PhD - Head of department.
- Department of Indian-Iranian and African Languages. Indian-Iranian and African Languages. Rafis Zakirov - Associate Prof., PhD - Head of department.
- Department of Arabic Philology. Russian oriental studies: philological, historical and cultural, economical aspects. Gabdulzyamil Zaynullin - Full Professor, Doctor of Science - Head of department.
- Department of Romanic and Germanic Languages. “Comparative typology of English to Tatar, Russian and other languages in the structural, functional and stylistic aspects. Practice and Theory of Translation”. Venera Khisamova - Doctor of Science, Full Professor - Head of department.