May 17, 2015 – university entrants of any IT discipline will be able to get a Certificate for the Future of IT!
For the first time in history, entrants will be able to attend a course by the renowned Russian futurologist Danila Medvedev, “The future of IT systems”, at the Higher Institute for ITIS KFU Open Day. On completion of the course you will receive a certificate that can be used when applying to study IT at any university in the country.
Calling all school-leavers and first year IT students!
10.00 am — presentation of IT education at Kazan Federal University
12.00 am— free 5 hour training course from Russian futurologist Danila Medvedev
- Why hasn’t there been a computer revolution?
- Why don't we have systems like Tony Stark? What would Tony Stark use in our world? Does Elon Musk have a super PC of the future?
- The impossibility of creating a model of mobile phone apps. How the battle for the consumers’ market has distorted the architecture of computer systems (web systems, search engines and notifications).
- The major players of the future – how Microsoft and Singapore see the computers of the future (plus what they don’t, and can’t, predict).
- Communications, data, knowledge and programs – the cornerstones of the information systems of the future. - How commercial interests suppress technological innovations.
At the end of the course each participant will receive a certificate confirming completion of the course.
Danila Medvedev was born 21 March 1980 in Leningrad. He is a futurologist and author of numerous articles and interviews about the future. One of the founders of the “Russian Transhumanist Movement” and a member of its coordination council, he is also Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Russian cryogenics company KrioRus, and a proponent of the ideas of transhumanism.