The department cooperates with the following academic institutions:
1. Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University (USA, Baltimore.) -
Visiting Lecturer Doctor of music theory I.D. Khannanov;
2. Charles University (Czech Republic, Prague)
3. Melitopol State Pedagogical University (Ukraine)
4. Mordovia State University named after N. P. Ogarev.
5. Mordovia State Pedagogical Institute named after M. E. Evsevev
6. Kazan State Conservatory named after N. G. Zhiganov
7. Moscow State Conservatory named after P. I. Tchaikovsky;
8. Saratov State Conservatory named after L. V. Sobinov;
9. Moscow State Pedagogical University
10. Moscow State Institute of Culture
11. Russian State Pedagogical University named after. A. I. Gertsen
12. Chuvash Pedagogical University named after I. Ya. Yakovlev;
13. Centre for the Study of Tatars-Kryashens and Nagaibaks under the Institute of History named after Sh. Mardzhani of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tatarstan.