Currently, the activities of the clinic are regulated by the Federal Law of the Russian Federation dated December 29, 2012 No. 273-FZ "On Education in the Russian Federation", the Federal Law of the Russian Federation dated November 21, 2011 No. 324-FZ "On Free Legal Aid in the Russian Federation ", By the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia dated November 28, 2012 No. 994" On approval of the Procedure for the creation of legal clinics by educational institutions of higher professional education and the procedure for their operation within the framework of the non-state system of providing free legal aid ", the Charter of the Yelabuga Institute of Kazan Federal University, Regulations on the Legal Clinic and other local acts of the institute. Today it is not a separate subdivision of the faculty, but is a form of teaching students.
The activities of the Clinic are managed by the head of the Legal Clinic, who is appointed and dismissed by the director of the institute on the proposal of the dean of the faculty.
For direct counseling, a group of students is created, consisting of 10-12 students of the 3rd and 4th year and 2 curators from among the teachers.
The Legal Clinic provides free legal assistance to all those in need. Consultations are given on civil, family, land and other legal disputes, consumer protection issues, by senior students under the guidance of leading faculty members. During the first visit, consultants receive a visitor and interview him, find out the reasons and purposes of seeking help. During the second appointment, the applicant is provided with the necessary legal information and, if necessary, drawn up documents of a procedural nature.
Consulting assistance is provided in person.
In the course of consultations, various documents of a legal nature can be drawn up: complaints (to the courts, to the prosecutor's office, to other state bodies), statements, claims. However, the representation of clients' interests in state bodies and courts by the consultants of the Legal Clinic is not carried out.
The main objectives of the Legal Clinic are:
1) improving the forms and methods of teaching students; improving the quality of professional training of students.
2) assistance in solving social problems of society by providing free legal assistance to socially unprotected segments of the population;
3) development of the values of civil society and the rule of law through increasing legal literacy and social activity of the population;
4) expansion of cooperation with state and public organizations and institutions on the provision of legal assistance to the population.
The Legal Clinic has the following tasks:
- a combination of theoretical and practical training of students;
- provision of legal assistance to citizens and legal entities;
- instilling in students the skills of consulting, ethics of a practicing lawyer, business negotiations;
- organization of research work of students on the practical aspects of the implementation of consulting activities.
Achieving these goals in the Legal Clinic, the following activities are carried out:
1) advising the population on legal issues;
2) preparation of procedural documents;
3) preparation of explanatory materials on topical legal issues for the population;
4) assistance to students in the development of professional skills, instilling in students the skills of organizing and conducting legal work;
5) providing in-depth study of academic disciplines and practical development of topical problems of law enforcement;
6) creating an opportunity for students to undergo industrial practice at the clinic;
7) organizing and conducting seminars, conferences, round tables and other scientific events on current legal and social issues.
Consultations are carried out once a week on Mondays. In addition, field consultations are regularly held under an agreement with the Office of the Pension Fund of Russia for Elabuga region and the city of Elabuga. Waiting for you!