A.B. Alexandrova*, T.A. Gordienko**, D.N. Vavilov***, V.S. Valiev****, D.I. Ivanov*****, E.H. Rupova******
Institute for Problems of Ecology and Mineral Wealth Use of Tatarstan Academy of Sciences,
Kazan, 420087 Russia
E-mail: *email@example.com, **firstname.lastname@example.org, ***email@example.com, ****firstname.lastname@example.org, *****email@example.com, ******firstname.lastname@example.org,
Received June 1, 2015
Full text PDF
The contemporary state of soils and their mesofauna in the “Golubye Ozera” Nature Preserve have been studied. The soil cover of the studied territory consists of sod-podzolic, sod-calcareous, and alluvial soils. The morphological structure and physicochemical properties of the soils are determined by the influence of relief, depth of carbonate rocks, level of groundwaters, and anthropogenic factor. The concentration of heavy metals in the humus horizons complied with the background values. The trophic structure and abundance of soil mesofauna in the investigated biotopes were usual for natural forest ecosystems of the Western Pre-Kama Region. Soil mesofauna in the nature preserve included 20 taxa and varied by biotopes, regardless of the recreation degree. It has been found that the structure and population of soil animals are influenced by the types of soil, phytocenosis, as well as by the degree of anthropogenic load.
Keywords: sod-podzolic soils, sod-calcareous soils, alluvial soils, soil mesofauna, trophic groups, taxonomic diversity, microelements, recreation, phytocenosis
Fig. 1. Sites of soil sampling at the territory of the “Golubye Ozera” Nature Preserve.
- Volkov A.M. On the concept of specially protected natural sites in Russia. Zapov. Nats. Parki, 1999, no. 28, 1999, pp. 6–48. (In Russian)
- State Register of Specially Protected Natural Areas in the Republic of Tatarstan. Ed. 2. Kazan, Idel-Press, 2007, 408 p. (In Russian)
- Belitsin G.D., Vasil'evskaya V.D., Grishina L.A. (Eds.) Soil Science. 2 Vols. Pochva i pochvoobrazovanie [Soil and Its Formation]. Moscow, Vyshaya Shkola, 1988. 400 p. (In Russian)
- Striganova B.R. Contribution of animals in the formation of aerated space in the soil. Problemy pochvennoi zoologii: Materialy XVII Vseros. soveshch. po pochvennoi zoologii, posvyashch. 75-letiyu so dnya rozhd. chl.-korr. RAN D.A. Krivolutskogo [Problems of Soil Zoology: Proc. 17th Russ. Conf. on Soil Zoology Dedicated to the 75th Birthday of D.A. Krivolutskii, Corresponding Member of RAS]. Moscow, T-vo. Nauch. Izd. KMK, 2014. pp. 211–214. (In Russian)
- Samoilova E.S., Kostina N.V., Striganova B.R. The influence of click-beetle larvae (Coleoptera, Elateridae) on soil microbial assemblages. Problemy pochvennoi zoologii: Materialy XVII Vseros. soveshch. po pochvennoi zoologii, posvyashch. 75-letiyu so dnya rozhd. chl.-korr. RAN D.A. Krivolutskogo [Problems of Soil Zoology: Proc. 17th Russ. Conf. on Soil Zoology Dedicated to the 75th Birthday of D.A. Krivolutskii, Corresponding Member of RAS]. Moscow, T-vo. Nauch. Izd. KMK, pp. 195–198. (In Russian)
- Lee K.L. Earthworms: Their Ecology and Relationships with Soils and Land Use. Sydney, Acad. Press, 1985. 570p.
- Bottinelli N., Henry-des-Tureaux T., Hallaire V., Mathieu J., Benard Y., Tran T. D., Jouquet P. Earthworms accelerate soil porosity turnover under watering conditions. Geoderma, 2010, vol. 156, nos. 1–2, pp. 43–47. doi: 10.1016/j.geoderma.2010.01.006.
- Capowiez Y., Sammartino S., Michel E. Burrow systems of endogeic earthworms: effects of earthworm abundance and consequences for soil water infiltration. Pedobiologia, 2014, vol. 57, nos. 4–6, pp. 303–309. doi: 10.1016/j.pedobi.2014.04.001.
- McIntyre N., Rango J., Fagan W.F., Faeth S.H. Ground arthropod community structure in a heterogeneous urban environment. Landscape Urban Plann., 2001, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 257–274. doi: 10.1016/S0169-2046(00)00122-5.
- Nahmani J., Lavelle P. Effects of heavy metal pollution on soil macrofauna in a grassland of Northern France. Eur. J. Soil Biol., 2002, vol. 38, nos. 3–4, pp. 297–300. doi: 10.1016/S1164-5563(02)01169-X.
- Ermolaev O.P., Igonin M.E., Bubnov A.U., Pavlova S.V. Landscapes of the Republic of Tatarstan. Kazan, Slovo, 2007. 411 p. (In Russian)
- State Standard 28168-89. Soils. Sampling. Moscow, Standartinform, 2008. (In Russian)
- Classification and Diagnostics of Soils of the USSR. Мoscow, Kolos, 1977. 224 p. (In Russian)
- Sate Standard 26423-85. Soils. Methods for determination of specific electric conductivity, pH, and solid residue of water extract. Moscow, Standardtinform, 2011. (In Russian)
- State Standard 26213-91. Soils. Methods of determination of organic matter. Moscow, Kom. Stand. Metrol. SSSR, 1991. 8 p. (In Russian)
- State Standard 12536-79. Soils. Methods of laboratory granulometric (grain-size) and microaggregate distribution, Moscow, Izd. Stand., 2008. (In Russian)
- Manual on Physics of Soils. Metody opredeleniya strukturnogo sostoyaniya i mekhanicheskikh svoistv pochv [Methods of Identification of Structural Composition and Mechanic Properties of Soils]. Kazan, Kazan. Gos. Univ., 2004. 86 p. (In Russian)
- Guiding Document 52.18.191-89. Methodological instructions. Methods of measurements of the weight ratio of acid-soluble metal forms (copper, lead, zinc, nickel, cadmium) in soil samples by means of atomic absorption. Moscow, 1990. (In Russian)
- Gilyarova M.S., Striganova B.R. (Eds.) Quantitative Methods in Soil Zoology. Мoscow, Nauka, 1987. 288 p. (In Russian)
- Meshalkina Y. L., Samsonova V.P. Mathematical Statistics in Soil Science. Moscow, MAKS Press, 2008. 84 p. (In Russian)
- Alexandrov A.B., Berezhnaya N.A., Grigoryan B.R., Ivanov D.V., Kulagina V.I. The Red Book of Soils of the Republic of Tatarstan. Ivanov D.V. (Ed.). Kazan, Foliant, 2012. 192 p. (In Russian)
- Amossé J., Turberg P., Kohler-Milleret R., Gobat J.-M., Le Bayon R.-C. Effects of endogeic earthworms on the soil organic matter dynamics and the soil structure in urban and alluvial soil materials. Geoderma, 2015, vols. 243–244, pp. 50–57. doi: 10.1016/j.geoderma.2014.12.007.
- Gordienko T.A., Vavilov D., Alexandrova A.B., Bogdanov A.V. The earthworm fauna of recreation area of Kazan. 8th Int. Conf. on Biodiversity Research, Book of Abstracts, Daugavpils, Daugavpils Univ. Acad. Press “Saule”, 2015. p. 64.
- Sabirov R.M. (Ed.) Cadastre of Soil Dwelling Invertebrates (Mesofauna) of Natural Ecosystems of the Republic of Tatarstan. Kazan, Kazan. Fed. Univ., 2014. 308 p. (In Russian)
- Aleinikova M.M. Soil fauna of various landscapes in the Mid-Volga region. Pochvennaya fauna Srednego Povolzh'ya [Soil Fauna of the Mid-Volga Region]. Moscow, Nauka, 1964, pp. 5–51. (In Russian)
- Gordienko T.A., Sabantsev D.N. Comparative analysis of the fauna and population of soil invertebrates in the Bolshaya Kokshaga State Nature Reserve. Sbornik nauchnyh trudov Instituta problem ekologii i nedropolzovania AN RT [Collection of Scientific Papers of the Institute of Problems of Ecology and Management of Subsurface Resources]. Kazan, Otechestvo, 2014, pp. 24–34. (In Russian)
- Vorobeychik E.L., Sadykov O.F., Farafontov M.G. Ecological Regulation of Technogenic Pollutions of Terrestrial Ecosystems (Local Level). Yekaterinburg, UIF Nauka, 1994. 281 p. (In Russian)
- Bogdanov A.V., Khabibulina N.R. Mezofauna of urban soils in Kazan. Urboekosistemy: problemy i perspektivy razvitiya: Materialy III mezhdunarod. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Proc. III Int. Sci. Pract. Conf.: Urban Ecosystems: Problems and Prospects of Development], Ishim, 2008, pp. 165–167. (In Russian)
- Sokolova T.L. The bioindicator role of earthworms in assessment of the soils in the city of Kostroma and the Kostroma Trans-Volga region. Extended Abstract of Cand. Biol. Sci. Diss., Nizhniy Novgorod, 2011. 20 p. (In Russian)
- Alexandrovа A.B., Gordienko T.A., Sabantsev D.N., Malanin V.V. Soil and zoological features of agroecosystems under the conditions of adaptive-landscape farming. Izv. Samar. Nauchn. Tsentra Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2014, vol. 16, no. 1(4), pp. 1047–1054. (In Russian)
- The Red Book of the Republic of Tatarstan. Animals, Plants, Mushrooms. Kazan, Izd. Idel-Press, 2006. 832 p. (In Russian)
For citation: Alexandrova A.B., Gordienko T.A., Vavilov D.N., Valiev V.S., Ivanov D.I., Rupova E.H. The contemporary state of soils and mesofauna in the “Golubye Ozera” Nature Preserve of the Republic of Tatarstan. Uchenye Zapiski Kazanskogo Universiteta. Seriya Estestvennye Nauki, 2016, vol. 158, no. 1, pp. 101–116. (In Russian)
The content is available under the license Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.