Annual Scientific student English conference was held at the teacher training department of the Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics on April, 14.
This year the participants were students of 1-4 courses of the specialty “Teacher of mathematics and English”. The topics were devoted to linguistics, modern methods of language teaching, and cross-cultural studies.
On the program 15 topics were registered:
1. Магсумова Л.З. (2 курс). – Education: how to teach coping with exam stress.
2. Иванова Т.В. (2 курс). – Education: going without sleep to exam and our chances of exam success.
3. Амосова А.В. (2 курс). – Teaching gifted children in the USA.
4. Сабируллина Л.А. (3 курс). – Easy tips of learning English.
5. Заппарова Э.Э. (3 курс). – The most beautiful places of Great Britain.
6. Авдошина Д.В. (3 курс). – Borrowings from other languages in English.
7. Сотникова А.В. (3 курс). – The problem of young people in Britain.
8. Гилазиева А.Ф. (2 курс). – Tutorial system in higher educational institutions in the USA.
9. Сидорова О.А. (4 курс). – Technology development of critical thinking on geometry lessons.
10. Туксанова Л.Т., Закирова А.Д. (1 курс). – Different variants of the English language (Great Britain, the USA).
11. Гузялова А.Н. (4 курс). – Formation of information competence of students in learning mathematics.
12. Немкова А.И. (4 курс). – Using role plays in teaching English as a foreign language.
13. Казарова А.В. (4 курс). – Using computer technologies in teaching English.
14. Ванягина С.В. (2 курс). – British artists.
15. Кутдусова Л.Р. (4 курс). – Lewis Carroll's works.
The jury consisted not only of teachers. Students also had the chance to give points to the speakers. In the end the best reporters were chosen.
So, the first place was shared by
The 2nd-year student Амосова Настя with the topic “Teaching gifted children in the USA”, supervisor Налимова И.С.
and the 3d-year student Авдошина Диана with the topic “Borrowings from other languages in English”, supervisor Юхименко А.Н.
The second place was given to the 3d-year student Сотникова Настя with the topic “The problem of young people in Britain”
The third place took the 3d-year student Сабируллина Луиза with the topic “Easy tips of learning English”, supervisor Шамсутдинова Н.З.
We are thankful to all the participants who touched upon scientific and useful topics, aroused great interest in the audience and gave a lot for consideration.
By I.S. Nalimova,
senior English language teacher