Founding federal centers of shared facilities (FCSF) with cutting-edge equipment is a common global trend in solving problems related to the development of science and technology.
Federal Center of Shared Facilities for physical and chemical research of substances and materials was created in 2005 (Decree №112 of October 29, 2005). The main objective of KFU FCSF is to meet the demand of Volga region in research projects, especially those of the priority areas from Federal targeted programs "Nanoscale systems and Materials Industry", "Living systems".
FCSF of Physical and Chemical Research:
- Provides scientific research and certification testing using:
- physical methods of nuclear magnetic and electron paramagnetic resonance, atomic absorption, atomic emission, fluorescence, infrared, visible, ultraviolet, Raman, Mossbauer and mass spectroscopy, atomic force, optical and electronic microscopy.
-chemical and biological methods;
- Develops and manufactures selective sensors, biosensors, polymers, catalysts, enzymes, oil demulsifiers e t.c.
- Develops and implements knowledge-intensive technologies.
- Conducts specialist training in physical and chemical methods of measurement and research.