System of KFU distant education took the first place in contest “Practice of electronic teaching application” on the 10th International scientific-and-methodic conference “New educational technologies in the University”.
The project “System of distant education of Kazan Federal University” took the first place in contest “Practice of electronic teaching application” that was held within the 10th International scientific-and-methodic conference “New educational technologies in the University”. The contest was held on the 7th and 8th of February, 2013 in Ekaterinburg and organized by the Ural Federal University n.a. the first President of Russia Boris Yeltsin with assistance of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Association of the leading Universities of Russia, Agency for Strategic Initiatives.
Deputy Director of the Office of Educational Resources Development Ramil Valitov presented this project on the contest.
This project is an integral and unified solution for distant education and it includes:
- platforms for teaching management “Zilant”, “Bars”, “Tulpar” that provide the authors with tools for developing distant courses, their placing and conduction of direct teaching in distant form, analysis of student activity, allocation of grades etc.;
- portal for distant education http://www.kfu-elearning.ru that is the central part of the project, which incorporates its other parts. Portal gives information support, it contains reference and academic resources that help to develop distant courses, instruction to work with the system of distant education, news, catalogue of distant courses, statistics etc.
- program, software and hardware solutions that include specially developed program architecture of server for placing the project resources, author program codes, subsidiary programs and tools for distant teaching – systems of webinar, video conference-calls, on-line broadcasting, virtual worlds etc.
- academic support for authors of the distant courses and for students to work in the system of distant teaching MOODLE in the form of textbooks, guiding instructions and teaching distant courses.
Experts evaluated projects according to the following criteria:
- originality of practice, large scale of the project, degree of changes in the process of teaching;
- possibility of spreading the practice;
- application of interactive educational technologies;
- level of technical development: level of information technologies application; quality of technical performance, using of multimedia technologies;
- presence of results of approbation and evaluation of the implementation effect.
According to the experts` results the project was given the first place and it was awarded with the first degree Certificate.