On February, 28 festival “The many faces of Chinese Culture” was held in concert-and-lecture hall of KFU Branch in Naberezhnye Chelny. It was organized because Centre of Chinese Culture at the Faculty of Foreign Languages celebrates 4 years this year. However, acquaintance with Chinese traditions was not accidentally dated to the last calendar winter day. New Year holidays have recently finished, and the New Year itself – Chuntsze- in translation means “Spring holiday”.
Pre-spring festival was opened by the Dean of the Faculty of Foreign Lamguages Liliya Sakaeva and Director of the KFU Branch in Naberezhnye Chelny Makhmut Ganiev. They noticed the results which achieved the Centre of Chinese Culture for three years of its existence. To witness the success of colleagues from Chelny came guests from the Confucius Institute: Senior Lecturer Chen Wei, Senior Lecturer Khan Yun, Philology Master Li Yan, Assistant Ilina Usmanova and students.
Chinese language is taught in our Branch for three years. Liliya Sakaeva noted that study of the Chinese Language is perspective, not only within the Branch, but the entire region. In addition, the Confucius Centre which operates under the Department of Foreign Languages is the only one in the region and native speaking teachers are employed here. Among them is Chen Wei. She likes to teach Russian students because of their high level of interest in the Chinese language.
But, like any other language, the Chinese can not be understood and adopted without knowledge of the culture of the country. That is why students under the guidance of teachers actively study Chinese culture, and their results supported conduction of the Festival.
Students of the Branch and the Confucius Institute were carefully preparing for the holiday. All their performances reflected Chinese wisdom, which was represented in the heritage of Confucius and country traditions. Students have demonstrated their linguistic and theatrical abilities through songs, poems, plays and playing the national instrument - Hulusi. Kazan guests were deeply touched by this festival.
This festival could not be possible without support of other Branch members.
Special gratitude for the organization of work of the Centre of Chinese Culture the Faculty of Foreign Languages expresses to:
- Dean of the Faculty of Economy Anatoliy Makarov;
- Head of the Department of Social and Humanitarian Sciences Tatiyan Bessonova;
- Head of the Department of Political Sciences Vasil Sakaev;
- Head of the Unit on Social Work Leila Gabdullina;
- Head of the Office of Transport and material-and-technic support Ravil Khalimov;
- Dean of the Faculty of Philology and Journalism Nalaiya Fedotova;
- Ass. Professor of the Department of German Philology Li Chzhenven;
- Head of the Center of Chinese Culture Larisa Frolova;
- Coordinator of the Centre of Foreign Languages TeachingTechnologies Liliya Bazarova.