KFU has long term mutually beneficial relationships with the scientific and educational centers in China. One of the oldest partners of Kazan University is Hunan Normal University, the agreement on academic, scientific and cultural cooperation with which was signed back in 1990.
Nowadays KFU, within the framework of partnership agreements and participation in joint research and educational projects, cooperates with the following universities in China:
- Hunan Normal University
- Guangdong University of Foreign Studies
- HANBAN (The State Office for the dissemination of Chinese language abroad)
- Jinan University
- The Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine and natural products
- Shanghai Astronomical Observatory
- China University of Geosciences
- Beijing International Studies University (Beijing Second Foreign Languages Institute)
- Guangxi Normal University
- Shanghai Normal University
The number of Chinese citizens studying in KFU, in the last decade has been steadily increasing; in 2011 their number reached 138 students. China is in the third place on the number of academic mobility with research and educational purposes. More than half of travelers are students sent to China for the semester trainings within the framework of bilateral exchange agreements.