Traditionally, teachers of the department conduct lessons both in general courses (and workshops) on the physical and geological departments, and on special courses, special laboratory and workshops.Students studying in the department of specialization "Solid State Physics" in the specialty "Physics".Since 1999, there is a direction of in the department of Magistrates "Condensed Matter Physics".
At the end of the 4th year students have the opportunity to choose.They can complete their education, and receivebaccalaureate (4 years). Whowish to continue their studies in the fifth year receive specialty "Solid State Physics" (5 years), or master's degree in "Condensed Matter Physics" (6 years).
There is also part-time form of training - specialization "Radiophysics methods in materials science" (specialty "Radiofizika"). Students, who have graduated from the Department of FTT on the part-time form of training, are professionals in the field of non-destructive testing of composition and structure of metals, alloys, semiconductors and products from these materials. Needless to say, that at the present time when so much attention is paid to the licensing and certification such experts will not remain without work.
The list of general and special disciplines, provided the teaching staff of the department is given below.
- Physics of Condensed Matter
- Physics of the atomic nucleus and particles
- X-ray diffraction and X-ray spectrometry analysis
- Mossbauer effect
- Modern methods of experimental physics
- Informatics: Numerical methods and mathematical modeling
- Introduction to Solid State Physics
- Crystallography and X-ray analysis
- Technique of nuclear gamma-resonance spectroscopy
- Nuclear-physical methods of research of solids
- Physics of surfaces and thin films
- Physical methods of investigation of solids
- The physics of magnetic materials and semiconductors
- Ultrathininteraction in solids
- Quantum size effects in heterostructures
- Radiation Physics in Medicine
PART-TIME FORM OF TRAINING
- Modeling of materials science problems on a computer
- Computer gamma and X-ray analysis
- Radiophysical methods in defectoscopy
- X-ray analysis and its applications
- Radio devices for detecting ions in a mass spectrometry
- Radiation Physics
- Special seminar
- Dosimetry of electromagnetic and corpuscular radiation
- Workshop on defectoscopy
- Workshop on Radiation Physics
- Determination of the composition of matter (mass spectrometry, XRF, gamma spectroscopy)
DIRECTIONS IN THE BACCALAUREATE
Baccalaureate direction 222900 "Nanotechnology and microsystem technology"
(profile "Nanomaterials")Download the course program
In this area, implemented the training of specialists, including highly qualified personnel for fundamental, applied and technological development aimed at creating new materials based on nanotechnology, development of physical principles and technology of manufacturing high-performance devices, instruments and systems for their implementation in production. Graduates with the fundamental training in the framework of classical university physical education with qualifications BA and MA are required to fulfill the order to train specialists for Tatenergo, aircraft and engine-building complex of the Republic of Tatarstan and the Russian Federation, medical tool production, the petrochemical complex of Tatarstan.
The implementation of a general education program in the direction of "Nanotechnology and Microsystem Technology" in the KFU held resources Institute of Physics KFU with a focus on the Department of Solid State Physics as the organizing unit. Training includes general education and special training in the field of nanotechnology, nanomaterials, nano-research methods, monitoring nanotechnology processes, microsystems engineering and technology.
Baccalaureate educational programs provide teachers with basic education fits the profile of the subjects taught, and systematically engaged in scientific activities. The proportion of teachers with a degree and/or academic title is 92%, 35% of teachers have a PhD.
The library fund is equipped with print and electronic editions of textbooks on the main disciplines of the basic cycle, published over the last 10 years (for the basic disciplines of the humanities - for the last 5 years), at the rate of at least 25 copies for every 100 students.
Institute of Physics and the Department of Solid State Physics have a material-technical basefor undertaking all kinds of disciplinary and interdisciplinary training, laboratory, practical and research work of students, provided by the educational plan. Work is underway on a significant modernization and expansion of the instrument base and teaching equipment Development Programme KFU, which will be completed in 2013.