The main objective is fostering physical education and the teaching how to implement it in social, professional, physical and recreational activities.
The goals of the program are:
- optimization of learning techniques; search of new forms and teaching methods, their improvement with an opportunity of giving comprehensive education and making physical education an efficient factor in the development of a strong personality and readiness for professional activities;
- development of the Department’s teaching potential by means of extending methodological support of educational, pedagogic, health and fitness activities; practical implementation of information technology in process of planning and forming of learning activities;
- research activities at the development of innovative educational technology, which includes available, secure and effective praxis in the field of health protection, all-round development and individual improvement;
- fostering healthy lifestyle as to either a success factor in study and career or a flexible way of primary preventative measures and health protection.
The objective of “Physical Education” discipline (thematic learning modules: “Physical Education”, “Applied Physical Education”) is to develop a comprehensive outlook of an individual with a strong civic position, moral qualities, sense of responsibility, an independent, initiative, tolerant person who is able to successfully socialize and to use different forms of physical education and sports in daily life to protect his or her own health and promote effective professional activities.
The purposes of the discipline is:
- understanding the meaning of physical education for an individual development and improving general health for professional activity;
- fostering motivational attitude to the physical education, healthy lifestyle and regular exercising;
- learning special knowledge, practical skills, which provide health protection, form compensatory process, correct present health abnormalities, provide mental prosperity, development and improvement of psychophysical skills, form professional qualities of an individual;
- body’s adaptation for physical and mental workload and also at the increasing of the capability of physiological systems as well as raising of the resistance of immune defenses;
- learning the methodology of formation and taking health exercises independently, the methods of self-control while exercising, hygiene rules and sound schedule for work and rest;
- learning how to resist unfavorable factors and working conditions, decreasing fatigue during professional activities and raising the quality of results.
Physical Education in KFU is provided over the whole period of students’ study and is realized in following forms:
- classes, which are the main form of Physical Education. According to the curriculum of Physical Education discipline, students of 1-3 academic years have 4 academic hours of PE classes per week during the whole period of their theoretical studies (“Physical Education” and “Applied Physical Education” units);
- Doing different kind of sports in specialized clubs;
- Students do sports and tourism independently (running club, tourist club etc.);
- Physical exercising during a working day;
- Mass health, fitness and extra curriculum sports events (walks, sport games, swimming, backpacking tours, Spartakiada games, cross-country running, sports competitions etc.);
Types of physical exercises listed above provide students with complete the amount of weekly physical activity according to standards (6-8 hours per week).