The academic process corresponds with “Physical Education” program (thematic learning modules: “Physical Education” and “Applied Physical Education”), composed and approved by the Department of Physical Education of KFU in 2014 with due consideration of legislative and guiding program documents, which determine focus, extent and content of Physical Education courses in higher school:
- Federal Law No.273 of the Russian Federation on Education in the Russian Federation of 29 December 2012.
- Letter of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation No.19-229 on Methodological Recommendations of 25 November 2011 (Developing Curriculum for Physical Education).
- Development strategy for Physical Education and Sports in Russian Federation until 2020 (Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No.101-R of 7 July 2009).
- Federal Educational Standard of 3rd generation in accordance with paragraph 5.2.41 of the statute of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation approved with the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No.466 of 3 June 2013 and the paragraph 17 of the regulations for development, federal state educational standard approval and its amendment, approved with the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No.661 of 5 August 2013 (Legislation Bulletin of the Russian Federation No.33 of 2013, p.4377).
In accordance with the Law of the Russian Federation, Physical Education in higher education institutions is represented as an academic subject aimed to comprehensive development of the individual. Being a part of the general culture and student’s professional development during the study period, Physical Education is an obligatory part of the education and a great way for student’s socialization, active improvement of individual and professional qualities such as physical health, emotional and mental well-being, and physical perfectness.
Thematic learning module “Physical Education” offers:
- study of Physical Education, Sports and health and fitness activities;
- implementation of variation principles and more complete implementation of learner-centered approach;
- implementation of sufficiency and congruity of the program, its direct commitment to students’ knowledge and preparedness in the domain of Physical Education and the basics of health and fitness activities.
Thematic learning module “Applied Physical Education” offers:
- implementation of variation principles and more complete implementation of learner-centered approach; developing of the content for the educational material in accordance with students’ health condition, their physical fitness and interest in Physical Education as well;
- implementation of sufficiency and congruity of the program, its direct commitment to the general applied and personally valued Physical Education combined with the basics of health and fitness activities;
- new health and fitness knowledge and skills such as independent giving of health promotion classes, improvement of physical fitness either for educational purposes or active leisure.