Concept professor’s page content,
focused on cooperation with foreign colleagues
1. Description of professor’s scientific biography
Alexander Fedorovich Malyy, Doctor of Science in Law, Honored lawyer of Russian Federation, Honorary Worker of Higher Professional Education of the Russian Federation, a member of research Council of dissertations defense for Doctoral degree in law
In 1979 he graduated from Kazan State University named after Ulyanov - Lenin. Degree of Candidate of Laws, specialty 12.00.02 - state law and governance; Soviet construction, administrative law, financial law was assigned to the decision of the Dissertation Council of the Leningrad State University.
Thesis for the degree of Doctor of Law “The organization of public authorities in the region as a subject of the Russian Federation” is protected in 2000 at the Moscow State Law Academy. Degree of Doctor of Law, specialty 12.00.02 - constitutional law, municipal law of the Russian Federation was assigned to the decision of the Higher Attestation Commission (WAC).
In 1988 an internship at the Charles (Prague) University (Czechoslovakia) was passed (completed).
Participation in international scientific and research programs, lectureship:
Lapland University ( Finland - 1999, 2000), Helsinki University (Finland -2000), Dundee Busyness School (Scotland -1999), Umea University (Sweden 2000), Charles (Prague) University Charles (Prague) University (Czech Republic – 2003) etc., including the participation in the project “Comparative Teaching Law” (grant Tempus -TACIS in 1999-2001), which aims at studying the law of the European Union and the preparation of teaching materials on EU law.
Published over 150 scientific and educational works, including 5 monographs, 7 manuals.
He is exercising management (directs) graduate students in specialty 12.00.02 - constitutional law, constitutional litigation, municipal law. Under his leadership were defended 12 candidate's theses.
2. Research interests at the present time
• Protection of constitutional rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
• The federal structure of Russia;
• The principles of organization of state power of subjects of the Russian Federation;
• Problems of the functioning of local government.
3. Advances in science (awards , honors )
According to the decision of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation on January 24, 2003 was awarded the breastplate “Honorary Worker of Higher Professional Education of the Russian Federation”. According to the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation on January 12, 2010 was awarded the honorary title “Honored Lawyer of the Russian Federation”.
4. Significant publications (WAC, monographs (abstract to article, a summary of the monograph)
1. Malyy A.F. The bodies of state power of the region: the problems of the organization. Monograph. - Arkhangelsk: Publishing House of the Pomeranian State University, 1999. - 240 p.
The monograph deals with the system of bodies of state power of subjects of the Russian Federation, the cooperation of the elements of this system. In monograph are studied the constitutional principles of the organization of government, the problem of formation and consolidation of their legal status.
2. Malyy A.F. State power as a legal category [article] // State and law. 2001. N 3. pages 94-99 .
The paper considers the content of the legal category of “state power” on the basis of doctrinal sources and the constitutional entrenchment of the term “public authority”. In the article are compared the contents of the legal and political science of terms.
3. Malyy A.F., Maliy D.A., Utkin R.V. Public association as a form of realization of the right to association. Monograph - Arkhangelsk: Arkhangelsk State technical University Press, 2009. 331 p.
The book discussed a range of issues of creation, development and operation of public association in Russia. In monograph is studied the legislative fixing of the functioning of public organizations in the Soviet period, the transformation of this legislation. Considerable attention is paid to the theory of subjective rights, the nature and structure of the constitutional right to association. The book deals with main legal regimes realization of this right, possible limits of this right.
4 Malyy A.F., Tsvil V.S. The rights and freedoms of man and citizen: the problem of vertical distinction of legislative competence. Monograph - Arkhangelsk : Northern (Arctic) Federal University Press, 2011. 278 p.
The monograph deals with the constitutional mechanism of distinction of powers between the Russian Federation and its subjects on the rights and freedoms of man and citizen. Particular attention is paid to problems of understanding of the rights and freedoms as a special object reference, to questions of the implementation of the competence of the legislature of subject of the Russian Federation on the regulation and protection of the rights and freedoms of man and citizen. Was made an attempt to identify the criteria and conditions for the admissibility of regional regulation of rights and freedoms.
5. Malyy A.F. Features of the constitutional and legal status of autonomous regions. [Article] // Legal policy and legal life. 2012. N 3. P. 82-89.
The article examines the changing constitutional and legal status of autonomous regions of the Russian Federation. It is concluded that there are three types of autonomous regions. In paper are showed hhe features of their status.
6. Malyy A.F., Gulina V.V. Decentralization as a function of local government [Article] // Legal policy and legal life. 2012. N 4. P.110 -115.
The article discusses the contents of one of the functions of local government as a political and legal institution. Are highlighted the principles underlying the decentralization, paper gives a brief description of them .
7. Malyy A.F. The functions of the state bodies: the institutionalization of legal categories [Article] // Proceedings of the Kazan University. Humanitarian sciences, 2012. T. 154. Book 4.P. 46-51.
The article discusses the use of the category “function” in the regulatory acts that reinforce the role and purpose, the main activities of the executive power.
8. Malyy A.F. The division of power in local government [Article] // Public Law. 2013. N 2 (10). P. 13-21. (Ukraine).
Separation of powers (functions, powers) in the system of local self-government is not a constitutional principle. However, the legal structure of the existing relations between local authorities leads to the conclusion about the reality of the operation of the principle of separation of powers in a municipal governing.
9. Malyy A.F., Gulina V.V. Integrative function of local government [Article] // Constitutional and municipal law. 2013. N 5. P. 55-59.
The article discusses the contents of one of the functions of local government. Isolation of integrative function allows you to focus on the quality of interaction between the participants of municipal relations, identify key areas such interaction.
5. In what area could collaborate with foreign colleagues
* Preparation of joint training programs
* Preparation of joint papers
* Comparative constitutional law.
6. Contact information
Permanent address: 430008, Saransk, Sarovskaya str, 1.
7. The presence of scientific communication and contacts abroad.
He keeps in contact with several scholars from foreign universities. Among them:
Yirzhi Yerasek, Head of Department of Constitutional Law University named after Palacky (Olomouc, Czech Republic).